Change Public Practice are working exclusively with a Big 4 Firm, who are keen to appoint a Financial Services, External Audit Director RI's to support their extensively growing and newly structured Team. This is a super exciting time to join this team, where you'll be a core member of the leadership, helping to lead and shape the newly structured Team and their strategy, you'll have genuine opportunities to progress to Partner and support in order to succeed. You'll be a core leader of the business with ambitious growth plans involving you being at the heart of driving the new business development. This really is an outstanding and career defining opportunity!
The clients you'll work with include Real Estate, PE Funds and Debt Funds and of course with being based in Jersey, you'll get great client exposure with a sunny climate and great work-life balance.
We are looking for candidates who are very strong technically in IFRS and UK GAAP ideally, combined with a focus on exemplary client service delivery, exceptional quality, excellent people skills and a proven ability to develop new business. For these opportunities it's very important and an absolutely essential criteria that candidates have at least 2+ years experience as an FS Audit Director and the capability to sign off on Audit Reports (equivalent to UK).
This Firm believe in leading with inclusion and developing and empowering their people. They have an excellent culture of mutual respect and recognition as well a flexible working environment. This Big 4 have invested in and continue to invest in ED&I, and therefore before exploring this role further, we'd like to encourage candidates with relevant qualifications and skills to apply.
As a Key Leader of the Team you'll be:
· Leading a fantastic portfolio of FS clients
· Part of the Leadership Team and involved in making Leadership decisions
· Guiding your team and clients on technical issues
· Leading on quality and exceptional client service delivery
· Identifying and developing other business opportunities with clients and new business opportunities through internal and external networking and word-of-mouth
· Understanding clients and their industry, appreciating market factors affecting clients and adding value to clients
· Coaching, mentoring and developing your team, including performance management and constructive feedback
· Collaborating, networking and sharing your ideas with the Leadership Team, which you'll be a core member of
· Implementing and communicating new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
· A relevant qualification is required - i.e. CA, ACA, ACCA
· It is absolutely critical that you only apply for this opportunity if you have 2+ years experience as a Director and have RI (Responsible Individual) status compatible with signing Financial Statements in the UK or quickly converted to UK RI status
Skills and experience required to be considered:
· High proficiency in IFRS and ideally in UK GAAP
· Competent in leading an FS portfolio or Real Estate, PE Funds and Debt Funds Clients, and developing the portfolio further
· Excellent decision maker
· Ability to add value to clients
· Genuine interest in the market, industry and clients you work with
· Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and oral) with all stakeholders
· Confident at building rapport with clients and maintaining excellent relationships
· Great role model for colleagues and ambassador for the firm
· Flexibility to adapt to challenges
· Self-motivated, taking responsibility for your own personal development and that of your team, including setting an example to others around you
· Excellent technological skills, including high proficiency in the Office 365 suite of products
Personal Attributes Include:
· Personal value of delivering high quality work, exceptional client service, contributing to new business and an excellent coach and mentor to your team
· Self-driven with a high level of drive for success, a positive attitude, enthusiastic outlook, agile mind and resilient in times of pressure
· Excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to see the bigger picture and connect the two
· A team player who collaborates and communicates with respect
· Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for helping clients
· An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally
You'll receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible benefits, excellent L&D and flexible working arrangements.