Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 per annum dependent on experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This role will be based at their site in Portsmouth.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Their Maritime Services division has approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million, delivering support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy's surface fleet. Their services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training. They also develop and support the Royal Navy's complex equipment, such as radar, torpedoes and small boats.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be providing mechanical engineering support to any required aspect within Engineering & Digital Services whilst supporting project-based engineering activities, using skills and experience to assist in the development of mechanical systems-based products.
This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to join their expanding Innovations Lab team, giving you an exciting opportunity to lead and guide its development of a new product.
· Developing design concepts in accordance with applicable engineering codes and standards and undertake mechanical assessments of the developed solutions
· Working alongside other engineering disciplines to deliver integrated system solutions. Gathering evidence to demonstrate compliance of these solutions with safety, function and performance requirements
· Authoring technical reports, system and equipment specifications, and supplier statements of work
· Technical engagement with test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required to satisfy project needs
· Presenting work to engineering authorities and customer stakeholders
· Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
· Overtime available
· Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
· 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
· Bonus based on company performance
· Shared Incentive Plan
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
· Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
· Degree in Mechanical or related engineering domain
· Chartered engineer, or working towards CEng/ IEng described within the EC UK Standard for Professional Engineering
· Experience in the design definition of mechanical systems
· Familiarity with the systems engineering lifecycle and an ability to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
· Awareness of mechanical engineering codes and standards, and their application in the design of systems and specification of equipment
· You will have good communication skills and be able to understand technical specifications and communicate complex technical information to others.
· You have strong commitment, drive, and self-motivation and can challenge others effectively.
· Proven experience in the design of mechanical thermomachinary and auxiliary systems
· Awareness of the operational requirements specific to thermomachinary and the design intent of their systems
· Familiarity with engineering analysis workflows and processes
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs