KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- To be based anywhere in the World.
- Household name across the global food & agriculture sector.
- Opportunity for somebody with Sugar or Cotton crops knowledge to spearhead a new technology-driven service offering.
- A background in the agriculture sector (5-10 years or more), in particular arable-related, with knowledge of the sugar OR cotton domains.
- Experience in commercially & client focused roles (this could be Business Development, Consultancy, Sales, or similar - or a mixture!).
- An understanding of technology and precision farming tools and techniques - whether from your commercial background, or on-farm hands on exposure.
- The experience and sector understanding to undertake Product Development responsibilities, identifying enterprise customer needs and brining tech products to life.
Joining an internationally renowned agriculture and food company, with an already established tech arm, the ultimate purpose of this role will be to enhance this company's knowledge of Precision Agriculture techniques and the demand in the Arable market for solutions of this nature - with a view to furthering their capabilities in this domain.
With a particular focus on sugar and cotton crops (meaning you will need to have knowledge in at least one of these areas), the role will involve consulting with enterprise size commercial clients & farmers to understand possible demands and requirements from tech & precision based solutions. In addition to this, part of your remit will be to keep abreast of sector wide developments in the technology world, combining this with your existing knowledge in order to drive new product innovations and capabilities.
In order to perform this role, you will need to be an experienced individual with deep knowledge of the Arable sector - 5-10 years' experience or more - and the gravitas and confidence to work in a customer facing role, often with enterprise level clients. This could perhaps be from a background working in disciplines such as Business Development, Sales, Knowledge Exchange, Consulting, Product Development or similar.
An existing understanding and passion for AgriTech and the use of precision farming solutions will also be required; this could be from commercial experience in a role relating to this, or from your own personal or 'extra curricular' activities (usage of such technologies and solutions on-farm, for example).
This is a new and unique role which should interest anybody with a passion for technology and sustainability in the Arable farming sector, being powered by a global player in the sector!