I'm working with a leading FTSE listed bank based in London looking for a Finance Manager to join their Asset Financing team. They have £3bn of loans on their balance sheet lent against a host of assets, including planes, helicopters, boats, recycling plants, industrial machinery & manufacturing.
They are hiring a Finance Manager to backfill this person being promoted to Financial Controller. You will have 2 direct reports; 1 qualified and 1 part qual, meaning the BAU part of your role will be reviewing instead of the production of accounts. The Bank also has a number of projects and non-BAU exposure to offer you; this will make up 70% of your time once you're up and running.
You will work very closely with the FP&A Manager, the Operational Finance team, Credit teams & the Financial Controller to produce the management accounts and providing necessary coaching and development of their direct reports.
- Ensuring all financial accounting deadlines are achieved to a high standard for Asset Finance.
- Prepare commentary on key monthly variances for the financial statements
- Ownership of IFRS 9 provisioning model
- Prepare and review quarterly FINREP for CAF Divs, FFI and Asset GMBH for review
- Work with the FC & FD on all projects for Asset Finance
- Drive streamlining of the controls framework to improve efficiencies and quality
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with roughly 2 years post qualified experience
- Currently working in or come from an Audit environment
- Experience working with Financial Institutions, ideals Banks
- An IFRS 9 & 15 specialist
They are a brilliant employer and look after the staff they have well. There is lots of internal mobility and promotion opportunities across the whole finance function for the right person.
The Finance Manager is paying £65,000 - £75,000 + bonus + benefits
For immediate consideration or to find out more information about this role, please contact Harry Coleman at Trace Recruitment.