Job Title: Identity & Access Management ManagerLocation: Weybridge Salary: Competitive Plus Bonus Plus Pensions About us
Alliance Healthcare is a leading distributor and wholesaler of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products, serving over 16,200 pharmacies, hospitals, and dispensing doctors throughout the UK twice daily.
We have an essential role in the medical supply chain, and everything that we do as a company will ultimately impact the end-user, the patient. Our responsibility is to offer a reliable service that ensures that our customers receive the right product, in the right place, at the right time. About the Role
We're on the lookout for an Identity & Access Management Manager to join our busy & growing team. As an Identity & Access Manager, you will develop security policies and procedures such as user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security assessment procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines. You will perform security assessments and security attestations to enforce security policies and procedures. You will monitor data security profiles on all platforms by reviewing security violation reports and investigating security exceptions.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- You will oversee the planning, execution, and management of multi-faceted projects related to Identity and Access Management
- You will develop and manages security for multiple Identity and Access Management functional areas.
- You will advise on the strategic and tactical direction and consultation on Identity and Access Management initiatives.
- You will develop, refine, and implement enterprise-wide security policies, procedures, and standards across multiple platform and application environments to meet compliance responsibilities.
- You will make recommendations, manage, and implement necessary changes to information security policies and procedures.
- You will monitor & be responsible for compliance with security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- You will define processes and procedures for the Identity and Access Management Program
- You will ensure security compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- You will consult with other business and technical staff on potential business impacts of proposed changes to the security environment.
- You will assess the business needs against security concerns and articulates issues and potential risks to management.
- You will work closely with IT and development teams to design secure infrastructure solutions and applications, facilitating the implementation of protective and mitigating controls.
- You will conduct a business impact analysis to ensure resources are adequately protected with proper security measures.
It would be best to manage teams in one or more of IAM areas - Enterprise or Customer IAM, Privilege Access Management, and Access Management. You will have hands-on experience with security tools, techniques, incidents, and solutions. You will have experience in designing and implementing security solutions. You will have Security Certification(s) (i.e., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Management (CISM)Experience and Educational Requirements
You will have exceptional computer skills to operate effectively with company systems and programs; working knowledge of applicable computer applications used at AmerisourceBergen. You will have outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills. You will have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. You will have strong organizational skills; attention to detail.What we'll do with your data
We will hold your information for as long as the position you have applied to is open and for a period of up to 3 months after. Should you wish that we delete your personal information before this, please let us know.
Our vision is to build a culture where diversity, equality, and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do, powering more outstanding teamwork and innovation and inspiring us to help people across the world lead happier, healthier lives. We are an equal opportunities employer on a mission to attract, develop and engage employees who reflect the diverse customers, patients, and communities we serve, and to foster an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued, and excited to drive superior business performance.