We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.Job Description
Experian has embarked on a global multi-year program to transform its data and analytics platforms. A "cloud-first" strategy is a foundational element of these transformations. As a result, Experian is looking for a seasoned big data architect who could offer vision and expertise to establish big data capabilities in the cloud. Big Data Architect Lead
will also be responsible for driving the data platform architecture optimized for the business units' data processing needs. This role also offers an opportunity to lead a global team of talented big data architects.Responsibilities
- Articulate vision and strategy for Experian's data processing needs by closely following research/publications, competitive landscape, and technology trends, especially open source and public cloud developments.
- Build and communicate the reference architecture for the "data as a service" platform to address scaling, flexibility, interoperability, security, and resiliency concerns.
- Build and own the specification (blueprints) for a standardized big data environment. The standards will be derived based on benchmarking various cloud-based tech stacks and opting for a tech stack that produced the best results specific performance, cost profile, ease of use, vendor support, and product roadmaps. The blueprints to incorporate resource utilization aspects of the cloud such as capacity on-demand (including serverless offerings) and spot instances.
- Work with the operationalization team and oversee the building of modules that automate and simplify the standing up of big data environment in the cloud.
- Participate in discovery phases of migration and transformation initiatives, drive the solution architecture for the new data and analytics platform.
- Review the business units' data processing needs. Based on the findings, outline the platform architecture, provide capacity size estimates, and lead the efforts to roll out a highly scalable yet elastic environment for batch and real-time data processing and micro-services for data provisioning.
- Lead and manage a high-performing team of big data architects. Also, create and maintain an exciting atmosphere to acquire and retain talent.
- Deep understanding of public cloud offerings that include managed services, serverless architecture, and resiliency models. Understanding of near cloud/edge computing is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing, open-source technologies, data science platforms, and programming languages. Good understanding of software frameworks and services in big data space (Spark engines, K/V stores, and ELK) and relevant programming languages
- Experience in leading projects involving large scale-multi dimensional databases, data processing, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams, including build partners
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to interact, engage and influence peers, colleagues, and managers
- Financial Services background and a solid understanding of data processing primarily in OLAP space
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
At Experian we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. We care about work that works, whether that's about where you work or adjusting your hours to fit better with your life. Our flexible working practices, including our hybrid working model where employees can split their working time between the office and their home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. So that you can love where you work please discuss what works for you with your recruiter during the hiring process.