CDL Digital department is searching for a pioneering Principal Software Engineer that will play a leading role in the ongoing progression of their digital products.
We are looking for a fearless, empathetic candidate who has the enthusiasm to inspire and mentor those around them to create and deliver rock-solid, high-value products.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you'll be working closely with our Software Architects, ensuring our products are built in the right way.
Delivering high-quality software to meet customer and commercial needs in accordance with defined standards, CDL's architectural pillars, good practice and agreed to deadlines, helping CDL deliver an exceptional customer experience.About CDL
CDL is one of the UK's leading InsurTech Providers, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high volume retail insurance sector. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company's robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
CDL is very much about community, innovation, excellence and collaboration. We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative inspiring culture and the CDL Team are the heart of our company.RequirementsRequirements
What you'll have
- Extensive experience of software engineering & modern practices (e.g SOLID, TDD, BDD)
- Ability to embed good coding practices through coaching and technical leadership.
- The ability to communicate at a technical level suitable for the audience, presenting complex ideas and engaging with the business internally and occasionally with external customers.
- The ability to present to, and support the wider technology community, internally and externally.
- Experience of using cloud-based technologies and solutions, including serverless architecture and Infrastructure as code.
- Working knowledge and experience in agile approaches to software craftsmanship Scrum essential (we use Scrum.org and its underlying values and principles), Kanban, Lean, systems thinking all a bonus.
- Ability to transfer and develop skills throughout the delivery teams, hands-on pairing with members of the team and supporting our Senior Engineers in their role as mentors.
- Demonstrable experience of automation through continuous integration pipelines, infrastructure management and configuration.
- Previous experience in the Insurance industry.
- Experience working with and implementing Devops technologies and culture.
- Experience of solutions built around microservices and containerisation.
- Experience of solution built around mircro front-ends (e.g single-spa)
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working - upon returning to our office at the earliest of November 2021, we will be offering a hybrid model of split office and remote working. We would require people to work in the office for 2 days over a fortnightly period.
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
Apply for this job