A very wide-ranging role, with significant influence on the direction of the company, the Finance and Operations Analyst will be responsible for driving understanding, decision-making, and analysis across all areas of the business and operations. A highly visible role, the Finance and Operations Analyst will be responsible for ad hoc analysis and owning some ongoing processes, with wide impacts on the overall success of the business. The Finance and Operations Analyst will split their time between our Head Office site in Highbury, and our Operations Centre in Park Royal in order to gain a deep understanding of how all aspects of the business are managed.Key Accountabilities
- Analytics, Reporting and Instrumenting the Business This will include, as examples Development of dashboards and KPIs to help manage the business effectively, identifying key metrics and building
- Financial analysis and budgeting This will include, as examples Building models and analysis to better understand operational profitability by product, geography or segment; Forecasting revenue for the business, based on detailed analysis of historical performance
- Operational analysis This will include, as examples Understanding utilisation of our fleet, and thinking through how to optimize usage, analysing ordering patterns in our customer base to help forecast trends and forecasting customer behaviour
- Commercial and Market Analysis This will include, as examples performing market sizing estimates, identifying key industry trends, understanding and developing competitive strategies, understanding competitive positioning within given markets; analyzing market share and competitive dynamics within given segments based on vague and / or incomplete data
- Highly numerate, naturally inquisitive and analytical, a master of Excel
- Undergraduate degree preferably in a numerate discipline
- Familiarity with PowerBI or similar is a plus, but if not we'll get you trained
- 3+ year of professional work experience, likely in a professional services firm (e.g. management consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, accounting firm)
- Motivated by learning and understanding new things, with an ambition and passion for knowing "how things work" or "why things happen"
- Excellent analytical, communications and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Supreme attention to detail, but ability to understand the bigger picture
- Self-driven, with the ability to work in somewhat ambiguous and unstructured environment, with multiple competing priorities
In return we offer a competitive salary plus a quarterly bonus.
We don't have a ball pit or unlimited vacation, but people come to work at First Mile because of the impact they can have, and the opportunities to grow.
That being said, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) as well as an extra day for each complete year of service. There are events, talks and socials throughout the year as well drinks each Friday.
First Mile takes great pride in giving back to society, therefore we offer a volunteering scheme to our employees.
The most valuable thing we can offer you is responsibility, learning and opportunity in our rapidly growing company, much if which can be hard to find elsewhere. You will be an important part of our team and will get to experience lots of aspects of our business on top of the exposure that your role will already give you (which just couldn't happen in a bigger company!). We will encourage you to follow your passions and will give you the opportunity to learn and try new things within a structured framework designed to help you excel.