AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR's advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at:www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
We are currently looking for intelligent, highly motivated, entrepreneurs to join our Business Development team. Initially, we will ask that you learn the science and statistics that underpin our models. You will work closely with our clients and prospects to understand their business needs, with a view to creating and expanding those relationships and ultimately growing AIR's market share.About The Day To Day Responsibilities Of The Role
- Improve our market penetration among insurers, reinsurers, Syndicates and other financial intermediaries in the expanding business of catastrophe risk management and property valuation
- Manage major client accounts to ensure retention and to identify new sales opportunities
- Work with qualified prospects to demonstrate how AIR's and Verisk's leading-edge products will meet their needs
- Work with a high-powered team of professionals to understand sophisticated risk-modeling techniques and to identify new marketing approaches
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and yearly goals and objectives and track the company's progress in achieving them
- Assist in developing marketing materials and presentations for clients and prospects that manage large investment and insurance portfolios
- Experience with business development, marketing or sales in the software, technology, or insurance industries
- Ability to follow through the sales process from initiating to closing the sale
- Aptitude for working with complex software applications
- Excellent communication and demonstration skills
- Self motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas a plus:
- P&C insurance industry
- Risk management software applications
- Underwriting or actuarial experience a plus
- Some travel required
- Proven track record in sales or solid potential
- Business development, sales or marketing experience
- BS or BA degree in a quantitative field
- MBA or MS Management desirable
This position doesn't qualify for sponsorship. Applicants should be authorised to work in the UK.Additional Information
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice