DescriptionLife at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don't believe women's bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women's bodies - and therefore, lives - have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
Founded by Tania Bolder in 2013, Elvie has been improving women's lives through better - and smarter - technology ever since. We develop innovations that meet the unique needs and complexities of the female body so that women can take charge of their health across every life stage.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is a multi-award-winning device bringing hospital-grade pelvic floor care to the hands of women everywhere- it was even a gift in the Oscar Nominee Goody Bags! And now, we're proud to say that we're part of the NHS Supply Chain in the UK.
Our second innovation was Elvie Pump. Launched in 2019, it's the world's first silent, wearable breast pump, enabling women to pump wherever they please- even the catwalk at London Fashion Week. It's since won numerous awards, including the Times 100 Best Inventions of 2019 and 'Wearable Design of the Year' at the Dezeen Awards. The initial success of our wellness tools gave us the means to expand our breastfeeding range to include Elvie Curve and Elvie Catch, both designed to give mothers total comfort and confidence.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including the prestigious Red Dot Design award). We're ranked as one of the 15 startups 'To Watch' by The Sunday Times and Business Insider and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by Syndicate Room. Our founder and CEO, Tania Boler, is regularly profiled in top-tier media titles, and, in 2021, Tania was named GLAMOUR's Women of the Year: Technology Gamechanger.
In July 2021, Elvie announced an $80 million Series C funding, the number one position and biggest raise in an initial fundraising round in the femtech category.What does it mean to work at Elvie?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.We Take Them Seriously Because We Want Our Culture To Thrive
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day.
What You'll Be Doing In This Role
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
You'll be leading our accounts payable team, with significant exposure to the finance team and the wider business. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you'll work independently and with the wider finance team.Responsibilities
- Management of the accounts payable subledger
- Managing the accounts payable inbox
- Processing invoices & setting up vendors in our ERP system Netsuite
- Preparing payment runs in the bank, cash entry and allocation
- Close collaboration across various departments to ensure invoices are coded correctly and paid on time
- Acting as point of contact for any supplier queries
- Handling supplier statement reconciliations
- Assistance with multi-currency treasury management
- Identifying opportunities for process and control improvements and implementing changes
- Supporting on project to implement purchase orders in Netsuite
You are a detail-oriented, passionate and hands-on individual with a desire to be an integral part of the Elvie Finance team. You are driven by a fast-paced environment and thrive on getting stuff done whilst managing changing priorities. You are process driven and not afraid to challenge the status quo, identifying areas for improvement. You are organised and logical, and excited by the prospect of developing best-in-class financial operations.
- At least 5 years experience in accounts payable or a similar role
- Experience or knowledge of Purchase Ledger duties
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of Netsuite or a similar ERP system
- Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you can build something from the ground up
- Have a "can do" attitude and be proactive in seeking solutions
- Be confident in data handling & analysis in a non-interfaced system environment
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a high attention to detail
- Experience of multi-currency banking platforms (HSBC.net highly desirable)
- International trade experience
- Retail or ecommerce experience
- Invoice & trade financing experience
Bristol, but we're flexible as long as you're happy to come into the office 2-3 days a week.Benefits
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility - whether it's working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 745 5201.