AKKA are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world.
As part of AKKA UK's rapidly growing Automotive division you will be integral to the expansion of our existing expert and dynamic teams. We are looking for an enthusiastic Automotive Engineer who is looking to develop their skillset and knowledge within the Automotive industry who can work alongside our Senior Engineers.WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Automotive E/E architectures for vehicle control and connected cars services.
• Exposure to ERA GLONASS / EU / NA / Japan telematics testing.
• Understanding of V2V/V2I communication, eCall, bCall, stolen vehicle tracking (SVT) and cybersecurity.
• Product delivery for automotive.
• Automotive safety and cybersecurity standards.
• Proven supplier management.
• Flexible approach to working hours and the occasional travel for testing.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Produce technical product specifications and cross-functional business process definitions applicable to our connected car features across all production programmes, concept demonstrations & research activities.
- Produce validation test specifications for all connected car features, including customer orientated road and track-use, and services that support internal product development, manufacturing, marketing and aftersales.
- Produce programme gateway work products related to connected cars, including feature definitions, project risks, validation test plans, project timing and costs.
- Ensure the connected car eco-system is compliant with the applicable global legislation, safety requirements and the highest standards of cyber security and data privacy.
- Coordinate connected car supplier activities, including cloud-based infrastructure, mobile connectivity, cyber security, data services and IoT applications focused on the customer experience and internal value.
- Hands on Connected Car testing