We are currently supporting a leading Consumer organization on the formation of a new Data Analytics team. This team's primary function will be to provide Analytics, Reporting and Insight in order to facilitate high level decision making. Whilst siting centrally, this team will have the most amount of interaction with the Product teams.A key part of this team will be the newly created Data Scientist role, some key responsibilities of which include:
- Continuously improve & develop data science capability internally and championing data based decision making business-wide
- Provision of commercial deep dives, with the aim of producing robust insight and commentary
- Development of models such as decision trees, predictive models & rule-based segmentation to aid decision making
- Business partnering with various internal stakeholders at a range of levels to build comprehension of data and it's uses.
- Become the internal subject matter expert on statistical analysis
- Rolling out successful data initiatives across multiple business units
- Act as strategic advisor to senior leadership
- Work alongside the broader team to identify new data sources as well as improving the quality of existing ones
- Minimum of PhD or Masters Degree in related subject
- At least 3+ years/ work experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in data query language/tools (e.g. SQL, Alteryx).
- R/Python language highly desirable.