Your part in our journey:
The Cloud Engineering and Operations team is an integral part of IT support within Shell Energy. You will be working as part of a wider Technical Operations team, with responsibility for the support and management of cloud Compute, Storage, and Network services.
Your part in the team:
- Collaborates with engineering and product teams to drive implementation of solutions to support operations vision and strategy
- Leads the strategy of standardized offerings to facilitate build and deployment on AWS for internal customer teams
- Leads the development of standardized offerings and facilitates the successful deployment of infrastructure services and ensures their operational health throughout their lifecycle
- Managing infrastructure projects and the platform implementation or workstreams for broader SERL projects.
- Subject matter expert for cloud Compute, Storage and Network services
- Ensure that SERL systems are secure and all required controls and security policies are applied.
- Providing advanced cloud Compute, Storage and Network support across all systems and to the wider TechOps teams.
- Monitoring infrastructure and leading on all alerts ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage service provision and operational relationships with key 3rd party suppliers.
- Provides hands-on technical coaching to accelerate cloud learning across Tech Ops
- Creation of documentation to ensure other members of the team are able to provide support.
- Assist with design of reference architectures for implementation of codified infrastructure that meet the requirements of applications and wider BTG teams.
The role requires continuously developing your skills and identifying areas that can be improved to provide a better service to the business. We can provide the following support with this;
- Supplier training days
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role:
- Deep technical background (operating systems, networking, application performance management, load balancing, security systems, etc.)
- Extensive experience with tooling to support monitoring, telemetry, logging, and reporting/dashboarding, and continuous delivery technologies
- AWS networking concepts, such as VPCs, load balancing, security groups
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Windows, Centos and Ubuntu Servers
- Windows Domain Management
- Cloud Compute, Storage and Network services
- Network Protocols i.e TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF and 802.1x
- AWS cloud management and operations tooling (AWS Systems Manager) and best practices
- Monitoring and management tools - for example New Relic, Elastic Search and AWS management tooling (Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, AWS Config)
- Familiar with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Familiar with / experience of working in an Agile/Scrum