: Full-timeOur firm
UHY Hacker Young is a leading Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants in Chester. We offer a wide range of personal and corporate accountancy and tax planning services for clients throughout the UK. We provide specialist services in the Healthcare, School Academies and Agricultural sectors. Overview
Our Chester office is growing rapidly and our team is currently recruiting for an AAT qualified senior, budding ACCA, or a candidate with at least 3 years' experience in an accounting practice, to work in our business services department, reporting to partners and/or senior managers. You would be acting for a wide range of clients; particularly in the owner managed business sector. After an introductory period you would become responsible for your own portfolio of clients.Job description
The role includes:
- Preparation of year end accounts for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Preparation of VAT returns for clients
- Draft tax computations
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Supporting clients with accounting software issues
- AAT, training ACCA or similar
- all applicants must have substantial accounting experience in practice commensurate with the role, and good IT skills;
- audit experience would be an advantage for assisting in audits of companies and charities;
- possess good communication skills as well as active engagement with clients; and
- ability to foresee issues and find workable solutions.
- good salary commensurate with experience;
- normal hours of work are 37.5 per week, normally worked from 9.00am to 5.30pm, although some flexibility may be considered.