A bit about the role
Reporting to the Finance Director - IT International, the role is a challenging position leading the financials of major Pharmaceutical countries remaining within WBA and integration and transformational programmes in the German market.
The main responsibilities are to provide strong commercial challenge to enable successful delivery of a business critical programmes, to embed strong financial governance and to deliver accurate and insightful cost reporting.Those responsibilities range from day to day run of the business, JV integration activities, McKesson TSA's exit, SAP implementation, AmerisourceBergen long term service agreement, AmerisourceBergen TSA's for the Pre-Wholesale business, services provided by WBA Global IT etc.
This role will be responsible to ensure all relevant information is communicated appropriately to all levels within the organization to guarantee stakeholders alignment. Primarily supporting the Senior Leadership within country as well as IT Finance Internationally and Globally and Senior IT and Business leaders in all Divisions.
As the role is new, at a later stage will be decided it if will have direct or indirect reportsKey ResponsibilitiesFinance Strategy
Financial planning and analysis
- Support key stakeholders on the implementation of WBA financial strategy by ensuring alignment across the different activities towards WBA goals.
- Business partnering with Senior IT & Finance Leadership to support decision making.
- Networking with the different teams across WBA to ensure alignment towards the goals (Germany, Walgreens, Boots, International Retail).
- Support the Finance Director on the management of the IT Finance activities within International with great focus on Germany.
- Lead/supervise the creation of business cases and ensure all relevant and accurate information is captured.
- Be the key finance spokesperson for International in the governance meetings
Financial controls and reporting
- Design and implement the plan to provide accurate financial planning cycles within our team and support the process in the wider IT Finance team across International and Global.
- Ensure forecast/budget is communicated to key stakeholders across the organization (both IT, IT Finance and senior leadership).
- Evaluate any divisional/country implications driven by any risk and design the mitigation/communication strategy.
- Supervise the implementation of reliable and efficient controls within our team and in country to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Supervise the monthly forecasting process within the various programmes in Germany to guarantee the proper management of risks and opportunities and ensure they are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure processes are compliant with WBA policies/guidance (Accounting, Transfer Pricing, Treasury).
A bit about WBA
- CIMA/ACCA qualified;
- Senior Executive stakeholder management and ability to navigate and deliver work through various teams and geographies;
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks across the organisation;
- Previous experience of management reporting, budgeting and forecasting a significant advantage;
- Ability to work day to day in a challenging, fast-paced, goal-focused organisation.
- Previous experience with the relevant finance systems (SAP, TM1);
- Strong understanding of project management principles, documentation, project quality standards and relevant reporting requirements;
- Ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands, demonstrating accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Team management experience;
- Some exposure to IT or IT Projects, Finance project management;
- Proficient in Excel and excellent PowerPoint skills;
- Fluent in English and German (ideally).
WBA's purpose is to help people around the world lead healthier and happier lives. As the largest retail pharmacy across the U.S. and Europe with more than 170 years of serving communities, we are constantly pushing the industry forward and being true to this purpose, caring for customers and patients every day. And that won't ever change.
With our global technology partnerships and the combined talent of more than 450,000* people across more than 25 countries*, we're able to provide seamless experiences for our customers and to stay at the forefront of healthcare deliveryWhy Walgreens Boots Alliance
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer several flexible working options to suit our colleagues' needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.What we'll do with your data
We'll hold your information for as long as the position you have applied to is open, and for a period of up to 3 months after. Should you wish that we delete your personal information prior to this, please let us know.