ThingTrax is the #1 Intelligent Manufacturing Optimisation platform. We are a UK-based start-up with big ambitions to scale globally. Due to our success adding and expanding customers, it is now time to hire a IoT Engineer. We're looking for someone who has experience as a customer-facing or in-house technician ideally within manufacturing environments. In that role, you will have installed or maintained equipment including IT and industrial IoT infrastructure.
You're passionate about the future of industrial technology and digitisation and you're ready to take your career to the next level. You are excited about the possibility of joining a category-leading manufacturing technology business. This is a unique opportunity to join ThingTrax as a IoT Engineer. You'll prepare our technology for installation, go to customer locations to install our solution, visit customer sites to trouble-shoot issues and implement fixes, and coordinate with the product team to pursue ongoing research and development (R&D). Your responsibilities will include:
Your success will be measured by:
- Work with Sales to implement trials and site surveys to ensure our technical solution matches the realities of customers' needs, machines and factory environment
- When new business is closed, coordinate with Sales and our admin team to order hardware required to fulfil customer orders
- Configure and test hardware components in preparation for installation
- Go on site and install the ThingTrax solution within customer factories
- Test installs and help customers validate that our devices are capturing accurate data
- Coordinate with Sales and Customer Success teams to fix technical problems or install replacement equipment
- Work with the product team to identify new technologies that could be used to serve customer needs and build prototype or MVP solutions
You will have the following experience & skills:
- % of trials that convert into ongoing contracts
- Number of business days from order signature to installation completion
- Performance again service level agreement (SLA)
- System up-time
- 2+ years working as a IoT engineer or Device engineer
- Ideally a recognised electrician certificate
- Experience installing IT and IoT technology within manufacturing environments
- Passion for applied industrial technology and digitisation
- Hungry for a career within the manufacturing software industry
- An interest in wireless systems would be useful (Bluetooth, ZigBee, 4G/5G, WiFi)
- Ability or interest in the configuration of IP based systems and wireless networks
- A good diagnostic mind to deal with fault conditions and correcting
- A good communicator who can deal with customers and suppliers
- Salary: Market Rate
- Share options: ThingTrax operates an employee share option scheme. Following your probation period, you will qualify to receive share options from this scheme.
- Location: You must be based within the United Kingdom. You may work remotely from your home office and mix remote work with onsite customer visits.
- Travel: You must have a car and the ability to spend time with customers at their factories. The percentage of your time traveling and working with customers onsite will vary but may be in the range of 75-85%. Travel will predominately be within the UK however the occasional trip to EU countries or the United States may be required until we hire team members on the ground in those countries.