Finance Assistant | Fast Growth Fintech Start-Up | London
Harmonic Finance are delighted to be working exclusively with one of London's Fintech start-up success stories. After receiving significant funding involving top-tier VC backing, they are seeing a period of rapid growth, and are now looking for a talented Finance Assistant to support their growing team of around 100.
This exciting start-up are on a mission to continue helping people develop a brighter future and genuinely move their finances forwards and have opened new product lines, along with a heavy spend on marketing, to achieve this.
They are based in a fantastic office space in the new "Tech City" that is Shoreditch, surrounded by other start-ups and with access to many vibrant restaurants, cafes and bars. The impressive leadership team is made up of approachable, visionaries with a passion for developing the best talent and scaling the business further. Given the new normal there is of course scope for a hybrid office and home model. The role
They are now looking for an ambitious Finance Assistant who is looking to really kickstart their accounting career, that they can support to become fully qualified in two to three years. Reporting directly into the Finance Manager, you will be primarily responsible for operating the accounts payable process and the monthly invoicing process, as well as managing the day-to-day financial relationships with their customers. Operating in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment, you will have the opportunity to quickly develop your financial skillset. Responsibilities
What we need to see (essential)
- Ultimately responsible for managing the accounts payable process, from invoice validation/approval to the processing of payments runs and dealing with supplier queries
- Working alongside the Commercial team to operate the monthly invoice process, ensuring the finance team have up-to-date data
- Liaising with the company's partners to chase outstanding balances, send monthly statements and to manage relationships
- Prepare cashbook journals and reconciling all bank accounts and credit card statements
- Continuously review and improve processes and systems
- Provide ad-hoc support to the CFO and FP&A team to aid the business as they grow and as the finance function expands
What we would like to see (bonus)
- Ambitious and are already studying/intend to study towards an accountancy qualification
- Enthusiastic and excited about working in a fast-growth start-up environment, particularly in the Fintech sector
- A strong desire to continue developing their skillset
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to "roll your sleeves up" and support the team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage high volumes of work
- Experience within the Fintech sector is preferable
- Graduate or ACCA/AAT studier preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience in a fast growth scale-up or start-up
Up to £26,000 + bonus
Please get in touch with Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please feel free to circulate with any friends or contacts that may be interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ