Information Security Analyst
One of the UK's providers of 'critical infrastructure' require a information security analyst on a permanent basis.
This role require o assist with information security practises; To administer, prioritise, monitor and conduct business as usual Computer Security, Information Security and Cyber Security activities in line with the technical and business strategy and with Information Security industry best practice.Responsibilities
- Hands-on implementation, maintaining and upgrading of systems operations and controls;
- Maintain and improve procedures, technologies and methods used to protect digital files and computer systems against unauthorised access, modification or destruction;
- Report overall security status and highlight individual systems as required;
- Provide evidence required for internal and external security audits or to help determine root causes of security incidents;
- Recommend appropriate tools and countermeasures;
- Performing risk assessments and testing of systems identifying prime risks and limitations that may impact computer security;
- Maintain security procedures with outside vendors;
- Assist the Infrastructure team when reviewing and testing disaster recovery plans;
- Maintain, review, test and implement firewall systems, antivirus, data encryption and other security measures in place;
- Keep computer security knowledge current to understand the latest threats and incidents and to maintain strong defences;
- Ability to work well independently or with a team;
- Capable of meeting deadlines and budgets;
- Available to travel and work at various UK locations;
- Current industry recognised security qualification (for example CEH, GSEC, CISMP);
- IT technical background;
- Good communication skills for both written and verbal reporting;
- Ability to communicate and guide all levels of staff;
- Able to work independently with a strong bias to getting things done. Understand the true value to the business of meeting objectives and timely delivery;
- Willingness to travel around all ports and sites as required for specific projects and generally;
- Possess a firm belief in the values of customer service and ABP's core values of openness and honesty, teamwork and respect, along with the ambition to make a difference and exceed expectations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join of the UK's provider of critical infrastructure. They are a house hold name in the UK and a key component of the UK's economy and daily life. Salary is a basic up to £50k with a very good benefits package and pension. Location is a mix of remote and time in one fo the following offices. Southampton, Hull or Cardiff.