Finance Manager - Hyper Growth Health & Fitness Technology Start-up
Harmonic Finance are proud to have been engaged on an exclusive basis to hire the first Finance Manager for one of the globe's most exciting Health & Fitness Technology start-ups.
The role is the most exciting position at this level we are working on in 2021 in that it presents candidates with incredible training and career development opportunities, whilst also providing the new incumbent with the chance to join a company which has leapt from £15 million t/o to a predicted £60 million t/o (with corresponding healthy Ebitda) in 12 months!
You would be managed by one of the best regarded Group Financial Controllers in the European Start-Up world and a hugely successful (and extremely nice!) Chief Financial Officer who is highly-commercial and extremely forward-thinking when it comes to the use of data insights within Finance functions. You will manage a talented Assistant Accountant.
Headcount for the business is currently c.90 colleagues, with revenue channels being split between b2b and direct to consumer. Internationalization of the company (under UK topco) is highly likely.
The role will initially be weighted 70 / 30 in favour of technical financial accounting vs commercial while you establish best practice processes for you and your team. However, the client are at pains to stress that there will be opportunities to be involved actively in more commercial FP&A activities.Required skills, qualifications and experience:
- Confident communication style: there is a desire for this role to be perceived as "business partner, not back office" by the wider business.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA (preferred). CIMA candidates will be considered who possess good technical accounting experience.
- Recent experience in either a Finance Manger (or a Management Accountant/Financial Accountant role which required management of at least one colleague).
- A track record of identifying (and delivering) process improvements within a Finance function.
- A solid theoretical (and ideally practical) understanding of revenue recognition.
Desired industry experience:
- Manage and oversee the month end financial accounts process.
- Full production of the Management Accounts.
- Production of Financial Statements (balance sheet, P&L, cashflows).
- Help lead the year end Audit process.
- Manage tax projects (Corp Tax, Quarterly VAT).
- Manage (and consistently improve) Financial Controls.
- Management and coaching of the Assistant Accountant to deliver accurate payroll (supported by external partner company) and high quality AR and AP.
- Support the CFO with commercial finance special projects.
Our client is flexible- competencies and behaviours are most important. However, candidates with some ecommerce or high-volume retail experience will have a slight advantage. As will those who have some exposure to a rapid-growth start-up or scale-up business.Work location:
London Zone 1 (brand new excellent office). Expectation for 2 days minimum from office.Culture
Fun, and very caring of team members with a really supportive and engaged culture. There are regular funded socials and active groups for those with children, colleagues with dogs (!), musical interests etc.Salary:
£50-65,000 + options package which is potentially market-beating (assuming continued growth trajectory).Start date:
Client will wait for up to 3 month notice periods, but have a preference for a candidate who can start in 4-8 weeks.Process:
Interview with Harmonic Finance MD, Charlie Walker, followed by meeting with Group FC and CFO.
Please get in touch with Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please feel free to circulate with any friends or contacts that may be interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ