Card Factory is the UK's leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a technology-enabled Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our IT team with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our IT and digital journey. Our vertically integrated business will provide candidates the opportunity to work across multiple technology disciplines and to provide innovation for the next phase of our growth. If you are passionate about technology and how that can deliver real business value, now is the time to join Card Factory and be part of our exciting journey!
We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
There will be a requirement to attend the office at times, occasionally at short noticeJob Purpose:
As Solution Architect you will work to create and maintain systems architectures capable of serving our colleagues and customers. Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Propose software solutions and the development of differentiating business applications that will create business value and support the Card Factory business operation on a continuous basis. Assessing requirements and relevant business and IT data to identify.
- Responsible for preparing high-level estimates (scenario-level) and producing Solution & other technical documentation in line with Company standards.
- Give advice and provides consultation throughout the system life cycle.
- Assess the systems architecture currently in place and work with the technical teams to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Inspect implemented solutions and audit compliance with the overall software portfolio and design.
- Providing advice on how to resolve technical problems as they arise, and mitigation strategies so that they do not occur again.
- Providing guidance to technical and non-technical teams.
- Continually researching the current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Documenting and maintain architectural standards.
- Informing various stakeholders and delivery teams about risks/issues with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact of technical decisions.
- Proven experience in architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- In-depth understanding of architecture techniques and approaches.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field.
This role is very flexible as the tasks are varied. Travel between business sites may be required at times. This role is flexible in terms of location and whilst there is no formal requirement to be office-based, attendance will be required at times as dictated by the needs of the project(s) or the function. The jobholder must maintain confidentiality and respect of personal information at all times due to the nature of the work.