We require additional resources to help us with upcoming new project to review current depreciation policy for the group and align it to the parent depreciation policy. In addition, this role will be required to support in preparation to and during the year end audit for the Fixed assets reporting. Please note, this is a 3-month Fixed Term Contract - please apply only if immediately available.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Depreciation Project:
- Analysis of P&L Charge with the change in depreciation period
- Extract revised schedules
- Revise Depreciation projections for 5 YrP
- Analysis of Fixed Assets P2P Categories that need to be set up.
- Document Changes & Process notes for this business change
- UAT Testing & Posting of the changes across 10,328 Assets
- Impairment of 4,200 individual assets
- Testing of any changes like security rules etc.
- Year-end Capitalisation of £9million Construction in Progress balance.
PERSON SPECIFICATION Technical Skills
- Review postings within Construction in Progress account posted during the year.
- Capitalise items within the Construction in Progress Account (c. £9million)
- Analyse & post assets that need to be written-off / disposed during the Financial Year.
- Preparation & posting of annual Fixed Asset Impairment.
- Releasing OPEX costs back to the P&L that are currently classified as CAPEX whilst updating reconciliation file.
- Posting journals to correct depreciation charges (if required).
- Posting Audit Adjustment journals required for fixed assets.
- Posting journals to correct the cost centres of existing Fixed Assets.
- Posting journals to write-off impaired property related fixed assets.
- Liaising with Accounts Payable to correct the coding on invoices.
- Accounting Skill with Key emphasis on Fixed Assets (FRS102);
- Strong reconciliation skills;
- Ability to Analyse High volume data;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Advanced excel skill (Tables, IndexMatch, Pivots, DAX Queries, Vlookup)
- Oracle EBS Platform experience specifically on Fixed Assets Module
- Past experience of working on similar projects.
- Experience of working with DataLoad for Oracle.
- Part-Qualified ACCA, CIMA
What we offer:
- Able to demonstrate using own initiative and sharing best practice across a Company;
- Commitment to deliver high standard of excellence;
- Deadline focused and work well under pressure.
3-month FTC; £37K basic salary; 25 days off per year + bank holidays; 1 day off for your Birthday; free on-site parking; pension scheme; recognition and reward scheme; discounted gym memberships; an exciting and fast-paced environment!