Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"I am incredibly excited to be recruiting for someone to lead and run the Sky TV Acquisition commercial team. The role offers significant opportunity to drive performance within Sky, interact with senior stakeholders, and manage a high performing team" - Oliver Telfer, Commercial Director, Sky TV This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within the TV Commercial Team, influencing the growth and commercial strategy for TV Revenue & Products.The Consumer team at Sky are looking for a new leader to head up the Commercial Acquisition function for Sky TV, responsible for driving new Sky TV sales and P&L performance - working with a wide-range of stakeholders across the Sky, including Trading, Finance, Marketing, Propositions, Route-to-Markets and CSG.
What you'll do: Working in the heart of the action at the UK's biggest Pay TV provider, this role is at the forefront of Sky's future growth plans.Your remit will encompass commercial strategy, performance diagnosis, budget & quarterly planning, opportunity identification and initiative execution, offer/promotion toolkit optimisation, and P&L management.* Motivating leader - balancing setting clear direction and context, whilst also empowering and developing highly ambitious professionals. A happy, successful team will be the bedrock of success for the team and this role.
* Defining commercial strategy to drive new Sky TV sales - through optimising pricing / promotions and marketing investment
* Owning quarterly and annual planning process - working with key stakeholders across the business to deliver the KPIs and land the TV acquisition plans
* Drive improvements through delivery of initiatives - ensuring that a test and learn approach is embedded within the team culture, driving both volume and financial KPIs
* Hustle and optimisation as part of DNA - our purpose is to drive action and performance, today. Once activities are live, establish a continuous cycle of insight review, (re-)evaluation and optimisation to guarantee the best results.
* Support on bringing new propositions to market working with the Propositions Team to produce commercial strategies, input into business cases, incorporate into targets, and develop overall GTM
* P&L management for Sky TV acquisition revenue & margin - drive optimal outcomes for the P&L, with your strategies and plans designed to balance volume and financial outcomes. Define and monitor KPIs, diagnose performance issues and course-correct in flight
* TV champion - good understanding of wider market and business challenges. Able to motivate and inspire junior professionals but be a trusted voice amongst peers and senior leaders.
What you'll bring: * Commercially astute - comfortable with managing and optimising a set of P&L-driving KPIs, and in driving Sky's broader interests with external partners
* Experience of subscriber attraction or retention & revenue management; ROMI and customer lifetime value optimisation - through identification and delivery of media, offer, pricing & campaign initiatives
* Experience of either TV content or subscription businesses preferable
* Deep awareness of communications industry & TV rights structures and monetisation
* Leader - proven track record managing a team of ambitious individuals to work together to achieve shared objectives
* Strategic thinker - with an inquisitive mind, comfortable both in the detail and at a high level
* Confident communicator and collaborator with peers in the business and outside
* Can do attitude with experience in a matrix, high profile, pressurised environment and organisation.
The rewards: There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few: * Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work: Osterley Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers. On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion: We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work so we're happy to discuss flexible working. And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait? Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you. To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about. Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.