As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery - every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring senior technical account managers to join our team. The Affiliate Integration Team, within the DTC Global Platform Team, owns and manages affiliate integrations for Discovery. These integrations focus on back office systems, such as authentication, authorization, shared identity, billing and entitlement services. These integrations enable our partners to sell or bundle our services to their customers, and allow those customers access throughout our experiences. This team works with external Affiliates and Partners through the lifetime of their integration, along with internal engineering, distribution, product and other stakeholder teams to not only efficiently launch these integrations, but ensure that they remain effective through the lifetime of the partner relationship.
The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others. Your influence spreads outside of your company and you have a proven track record of building and strengthening relationships with external partners and third parties. You have experience successfully representing your company to it's affiliates and/or partners and have built and grown strategic alliances that strengthened both. You understand the level of information to share and how to communicate with both internal and external teams simultaneously.Responsibilities
Working with the affiliate from initial technical engagement through the post-launch phase is the primary responsibility of the Technical Account Manager. They must be technically astute and able to assess the affiliate's capability to perform an integration accurately. They work closely with their partner teams to thoroughly explain functionality and field all questions quickly and effectively. They are able to evaluate partners designs and plans to identify and resolve all issues prior to implementation. They perform configurations as needed and work with both internal and external partner engineering teams as necessary to ensure the partner is established in all systems. They oversee integration testing with the partner and assist to find resolution to any identified issues. They ensure that partners stay within the defined strategy of the Affiliate Integration Program and implement quickly and efficiently. They will continue to support their affiliate partners post launch for change requests, systems enhancements, and major issue resolution. These Specialists must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a background in engineering, architecture, or some other technical role.Requirements
- You have played a lead role in the delivery of a major product or feature launch, either as a product manager, program manager, engineer or solutions architect.
- You have mastered the skill to balance your technical depth, product knowledge, business understanding, organizational and communication skills to ensure that the right decisions are made when and wherever you are involved. You have a long track record proving this.
- You understand back office systems, such as authentication, authorization, identity management, billing, and entitlements, and have demonstrated your ability to deliver projects in these areas
- You are an effective communicator at all levels to all disciplines, from engineers to marketing/distribution to executive leaders, and also effectively communicate both internally and externally with the affiliates and partners in those same disciplines.
- You manage multiple stakeholders and projects, in various states of implementation, effectively.
- Lead planning, execution and delivery of projects across multiple teams (product and technology) around the world
- Communicate clearly, analyze technical designs, organize project timelines, secure commitments, manage risks, identify the critical path, spot edge cases, triage bugs, review metrics and data, and monitor launch operations for large software projects
- You have used data to assess the success of what you have launched.
- You have demonstrated the ability to make decisions for more than one project or program area showing that your judgment is fungible, and you must be able to handle more than one project simultaneously and successfully.
- You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals.
- Bachelor's degree with 4-6 years of experience in product management, program management, engineering or solutions architect.
- Travel is required (when it's safe, due to the pandemic) both domestic and international averaging about 20%
- Must have the legal right to work in the country hired