Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"I'm excited to be recruiting a Commercial Lead into this exciting role in the Future Platform and Commercial Strategy team. This is a critical role helping to define the future commercial strategy for Sky TV and our future growth areas, providing a great opportunity for exposure across the business and to drive real change and influence." - Nicola Goff, Head of Commercial, Sky TV Future Platform and Commercial Strategy. This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our TV Commercial Team, driving and delivering bottom line revenue programmes across TV Packs and Platforms.
What you'll do: As the Commercial Lead/Controller, you will be responsible for defining the commercial plans for future Sky TV product launches, helping to develop the GTM, working through business cases/opportunities, defining the commercial strategy, and assessing performance / optimisation post-launch. In addition, this role will look at across the Sky TV landscape at overarching commercial strategy, helping to answer big strategic questions on areas such as pricing and marketing investment, considering both the implications on acquiring customers but also on retaining customer revenue. This role is a fantastic opportunity to make a demonstrable difference to Sky and drive high impacting programmes of work with tangible deliverables.* Strategy: set and drive commercial strategic direction for Sky TV's future platforms and products, defining the commercial and go-to-market plans, working with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure the optimal strategy and launch approach
* Performance management: lead across your team to understand performance post-launch, working with the relevant teams to drive optimisation and improvements
* P&L management: understanding of the P&L implications from your plans, working through business cases and plans to drive the optimal P&L outcome across volume, revenue and EBIT
* Commercial Strategy: take the lead on key strategic questions for Sky that span across customer acquisition and revenue retention. Working through the optimal commercial and customer outcome, and driving the recommendations into the business
* Team management: develop and manage your team, ensuring clear goals, objectives and career development plans are in place
* Drive change and delivery: by working with key stakeholders to delivery programmes of work that will drive bottom line
What you'll bring: * Strategic thinker - with an inquisitive mind, comfortable both in the detail and at a high level, and consistency looking forward for new opportunities
* Commercially astute - experience of tracking and optimising a set of key KPIs
* Analytical ability - able to draw simple conclusions from complex datasets and able to prioritise a number of potential programmes into a few large deliverables
* Confident communicator - able to turn analysis into stories tailored to the audience
* Stakeholder management - working with a variety of senior stakeholders across the business, and being able to see things from their perspective as well as your own
* Workstack management - comfortable working independently to multiple deadlines
* Attitude to drive change - able to work towards getting things done and driving change through the business
* Team manager - able to effectively manage and nurture a team
The rewards: There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few: * Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work: Osterley Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers. On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion: We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working. And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait? Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you. To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about. Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.