At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.Position Overview
The Data Feed Analyst role will be part of the Global Content Operations (GCO) organization, within the Chief Data Office (CDO) of Fitch Group, and will interface with teams across CDO as well as Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions.
GCO are responsible for the sourcing and input of fundamental financial data for the banking, insurance, corporate and public finance sectors. This data is then utilised internally by the ratings credit analysts for their fundamental data requirements, and externally by clients subscribing to Fitch Solutions financial data products, via the Fitch Connect platform.
The Data Feeds Coordinator will be a key driver in Fitch's objective to maintain and strengthen its banking and insurance data offering, and will be highly influential in helping to deliver complete, accurate and timely data to Fitch's products and solutions.
The role involves close collaboration with the Financial Data Template Analyst and Data Specialists within GCO, as well as ratings analysts across Fitch Ratings to gather requirements, and working extensively with
This is a great opportunity to join the new CDO function, as it transforms the role and the direction of data across the organization. The position reports to the Head of Financial Institutions & Corporate Content.Responsibilities
Qualifications And Experience
- Maintaining and developing the processes of the inbound data feeds, taking large data files, extracting and standardising the data and loading it into internal databases
- Ensure accuracy of all data feeds by running quality checks at various points of the process to ensure data accuracy
- Implement improvements to the data feeds process by looking at ways to guarantee accuracy, and automating processes where possible
- Communicating effectively to gather requirements, whilst managing stakeholder expectations throughout the process
- Working closely with Data Specialists to help maintain/ improve data quality
- Creation and maintenance of all the feed documentation
- Identification of new feed sources to increase coverage
- Ad hoc projects to assist with data manipulation
- Assisting with management of internal template creation and maintenance liaising closely with the Financial Data Template Analyst
- A sound knowledge of accounting practices, with experience of working with financial statement fundamental data would be preferred
- Strong Excel skills are essential, with an excellent understanding of VBA to be able to debug and/or make changes to existing code where necessary
- Experience of working with Python or a willingness to learn is essential
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to processes, as well as creating/ managing project plans and process documents
- Experience of working with/ manipulating large data sets is important, and exposure to Qlikview or similar software would be beneficial
- Excellent administration and communication skills, with a highly organised and methodical approach to work
- A self-starter who can pick up new processes quickly and accurately and work in a team
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.