We are looking for a Renewals Underwriter to join the team here at Arch. The successful candidate will help to achieve regional GWP, income and profit objectives through the delivery of an efficient service to brokers, supporting the management of the regional account in conjunction with the regional strategy, financial plan and personal objectives. They will be expected to perform with autonomy within defined parameters.
• Achieve Profitability, Growth and Expense targets by managing and operating to the Key Performance Indicators of the region.
• Write new business, or renewals and mid-term adjustments of varying complexity up to authority and binder limits. Authority level is reflective of knowledge, experience and qualifications.
• Enhance Arch's standing and presence locally by establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships with key directors and staff at the Region's most important brokers
• Contribute towards business Income & Gross Written Premium (GWP) objectives whilst working towards the business's annual Target Loss Ratios and rate targets.
• Responsibility to ensure survey requests, survey overviews and policy documentation are processed, maintaining all relevant reporting tools.
• Conduct regular case reviews to ensure that technical procedures and standards are followed, in accordance with the Company QA procedures.
• Support the personal development of the underwriting staff in the Branch by delivering technical guidance skills.
• Handle referral cases above the authority levels of Underwriters, Assistant Underwriters and Development Underwriters whilst adhering to individual authority level.
• Contribute to the technical knowledge of the Company by feeding back technical and commercial market intelligence to the Regional Director & wider team.
• Maintain personal knowledge of relevant technical issues.
• Work collaboratively with other parts of the organisation, especially the claims and survey teams, when required.
• Understanding your insurance market - at least 3 years' experience in Commercial underwriting (or broking)
• Proven broker account development and management
• Being able to negotiate flexibly and appropriately - manage a profitable portfolio
• Win, renew and manage out individual cases and books of business.
• Effective selling skills
• Demonstrates a range of influencing and negotiation approaches
• Risk perception/Risk selection skills
• Pricing of risk accordingly
• Successfully developing effective trading relationships
• Consistently achieving goals and objectives
• Trading successfully in the insurance marketplace
• Experience working across functions / matrix organisation to collaborate and build strong relationships
Minimum Cert CII. Dip CII, or progress towards, is preferred.
The job holder will have at least 3 years Commercial Underwriting experience, strong interpersonal skills and work in a structured, planned manner.
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.