We are currently seeking an energetic individual to work full-time in our London office as a Helpdesk/IT Support Desktop Specialist. This is an entry-level position for someone with 0 to 3 years of experience with a chance to be exposed to an enterprise-computing environment. The qualified candidate should have good technical troubleshooting skills and excellent non-technical communication skills, both in written and oral formats.Responsibilities include:
- Provide installation and support of PC and some Apple hardware and software (including peripheral devices such as printers and USB devices)
- Be able to receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding workstation and peripheral performance and use requests
- Perform on-site analyze, diagnosis, and resolution of workstation and peripheral problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including remote repair
- Adhere to procedures for logging, reporting and monitoring helpdesk requests.
- Must create a high level of user satisfaction through accurate timely follow up, strong technical skills, good customer communication and relationship building
- Must be fluent in the English language
- The ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact favorably with a wide variety of people
- Highly self-motivated and with reasoning skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10 and Windows XP)
- Knowledge of Mac OS X is desirable
- Knowledge of office productivity software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of basic networking and connectivity - DHCP, DNS, Cabling, etc.
- Knowledge of Antivirus and Spyware removal techniques
- Ability to quickly diagnose and fix problems
- Ability to articulate and maintain attention to technical details
- Ability to open a computer and replace defective components
- Desire to learn new skills
- Ability to follow through and document issues as well as resolutions
- Be able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory a plus