Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs. More about us https://www.eaton.comR&D Manager
Line management of Hardware and Mechanical engineering teams in the Cwmbran location to help deliver the R&D committed projects (circa 12) over the ongoing 3 year roadmap.Your key deliverables:
What we are looking for:Education qualification:
- Team leadership and time management of multifunctional team.
- Detailed understanding of engineering process to deliver parts from concept to production (Requirement capture, design phase, validation/verification planning, production handover) based on V-Cycle concept.
- Understanding of hardware engineering or Mechanical engineering.
- Usage of MS project for project planning.
- Implementation of systems engineering principles on projects to aid project delivery.
- Full understanding of failure analysis techniques such as dFMEA/PFMEA, 8D, A3.
- Interfacing to OEM customers with regard to project status and issue resolution.
- Understanding of ProLaunch or other equivalent gated product development
Degree in related area is required.Experience required:
Experienced background in electronics hardware design or mechanical design and leadership experience is preferred.Technical Knowledge:
Electronic Hardware or Mechanical Engineering of high volume products.Soft Skills:
What we offer:
- Time management mentoring.
- Cross functional working.
- Project management.
- Ability to work in cross functional environment between sales, manufacturing and customer.
- Ability to lead team and provide strategic decisions on impact to projects based on current resource.
- Strategic thinking and ability to innovate to help support strategic roadmap for product line.
- Ability to influence multifunctional teams as part of a project leadership.
Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are really important for us
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
Challenging projects in dynamic environmentAbout Eaton:
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 92,000 employees. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.Job
Europe, Middle East, AfricaPrimary Location
United Kingdom-GB State-CwmbranWork Locations
Cwmbran Gb Loc 1Organization
LSD Life Safety Division EMEAJob Level
Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
NoDoes this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :102690