In this role, you will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the EMEA solutions engineering team. The EMEA Solutions Engineering team provides technical thought leadership and support to the sales team in a collaborative framework as part of the mission to ensure customers' requirements are met with the optimum solutions.
This position is remote based within Europe with travel throughout the region.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead and mentor EMEA solutions engineering team in providing technical solutions sales support for customer facing account managers/directors in conceptualizing, qualifying, positioning and closing complex/integrated technology solutions.
Manage resource allocation to projects and customer deployments to ensure that solutions engineers are used effectively and are supporting the sales team, customer requests and customer inquiries.
Oversee the Company process in responding to RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs to ensure that we are providing consistent and timely responses across the region.
Leverage the Accedian Solutions Enablement program to create learning programs to increase skills and knowledge base for Solutions Engineering team.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Act as a mentor and go-to person for the team for technical expertise and escalated issues.
- Perform all management responsibilities including planning, coaching, performance management, appraisals, etc.
- Partner with product management and marketing teams in new solutions rollouts and champion the initiatives with your team.
- Conduct presentations to various audiences including internal and external customer and forum discussions on the functionality and benefits for specific products, services and integrated solutions.
- Liaise with team to identify and remedy all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Manage a knowledge database, and keep abreast of new developments in the industry by attending shows, conferences and engaging in forum discussions.
- Must have prior hands-on experience working as a pre-sales engineer.
- Must have previous experience in a technical leadership/mentoring capacity.
- Prior experience with Network and Application Performance and Monitoring solutions is essential.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry related experience.
- Prior experience working with Network Security is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a strong focus on customer service and be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Must be able to maintain a functional home office and travel extensively by air and car within the assigned region and/or account locations.
- Must reside in close proximity to a major international airport.