About the jobApplications accepted via LinkedIn only.**MUST BE LEGALLY ABLE TO WORK IN THE UK, AND CURRENTLY BASED IN THE UK** - Based in Aberdeen Office or Open to Remote UK.12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACTAbout MODS
MODS are a diverse and entrepreneurial team with experience working across the Energy sector in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Australia, and Japan. We are backed by Energy sector investors and in 2020 concluded a major share purchase agreement with the investors JGC Corporation to grow our business significantly.
MODS is driving Digital Transformation in the Energy sector with innovative software solutions. The company's industrial software applications help Operators and EPC's with planning, execution, and operations handover of maintenance in projects.
At MODS, our mission is to enable more people to digitally transform their projects in the Energy Sector. Our core values are Honesty, Passion, Teamwork and Simplicity.
These core beliefs allow us to deliver our solutions with conviction and unity to our customers no matter their location.
Head quartered in Aberdeen, Scotland, Scotland, Aberdeen, we have a diverse employee base, working from locations around the world.The Role
MODS Software Development team is actively searching for a Senior Developer who will assist both in strategy and execution on our creation and development of new and existing software products. This hands-on role will be working alongside our senior developers to innovate for our customers and MODS future. As our Senior Developer you must think both creatively and analytically and need to be accustomed to testing and measuring your performance within the team.
In addition to possessing stellar developer skills, we are looking for someone who is comfortable with receiving feedback on their work and acting upon it. Our ideal candidate is a developer who can support their recommendations with data and results while not being afraid of stretching the boundaries of innovation in a B2B world.
You will play a vital role in helping develop MODS products and promote our brand values, mission and services to clients, customers, and stakeholders. You Will Be Responsible For
- Understanding of the product from both a functional and technical perspective, including a comprehensive understanding of the implementation methodologies for the technology being utilised in product development, such as
2. Unit testing
- Works with Head of the team to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current business processes and should be able to participate in every aspect of the development and implementation.
- Designs and builds product deliverables according to specifications; escalates technical design or specification issues to the Head of Team and works within a given timeframe to complete coding.
- Diagnoses and repairs software problems or bugs, and assist clients with technical problems, and help to resolve those problems.
- Follows good development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout the product development.
- Working with remote teams and be able to travel to sites when required
- Communicate with an operations team to design and deliver changes and solutions.
Additional skills and advantage but not essential:
- .Net Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
Location of job
- DevExpress .NET Framework
Aberdeen Office or Open to Remote UK.Job reference