We are looking for a Head of Business Systems to join an ambitious team in a challenging environment and expanding business. Working in a delivery focused, fast paced environment your role will be to support our business by delivering technology solutions to business challenges. You will have responsibility for management of internal and external IT service providers to ensure the effective and quality implementation. You will have a team of 10 people reporting into you who have skills in various aspects of technology.
The Head of Business Systems will work very closely with the Head of Digital Product and their team to deliver technology solutions that meet the business requirements, work well end to end, are robust and can scale for future growth and are secure. The Head of Business Systems has responsibility for all technology solutions and therefore must have a vision of the overall architecture and the ability to ensure quality designs.
The Head of Business Systems will have experience in delivering major technology change programs, managing 3rd party technology suppliers and providing infrastructure solutions that support a retail business. They will have experience leading a team of people and providing an environment that allows them to grow their career through personal development.
The Head of Business Systems will be expected to roll up their sleeves and get involved in the detail in order to ensure that the IT works every day and that projects are delivered strong business benefits, on time and to budget.KEY RESPONSIBILITES
EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED ESSENTIAL
- Working with business stakeholders to define the end to end processes to support major new initiatives and operations improvement that involve multiple business functions
- Support the product Manager to define and prioritise the backlog of IT development work and evaluate business benefits
- Review current processes and procedures, making recommendations for improvements and simplifications with a focus on improving business performance and customer service
- Lead the Product Manager who has a team of Business Analysts to define the business requirements and design specifications
- Lead a team of Integration developer and Subject Matter expert to deliver the best solution meeting the requirements.
- Lead the PM to ensure clear plan are in place and project management practices are in place.
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement and change management
- Land major change initiatives into the business which involve multiple business functions and IT - ensuring user training and process change is carried out by the business
- Build and maintain productive relationships within the business, with vendors and third parties
- Set up and lead the governance groups for IT and operations improvement
- Line manage, mentor and develop a Product Manager (with 3 BA direct reports); a Project Manager ; 3 developers and a senior Business System Analyst (with 1 direct report) encouraging creativity and innovative thinking around delivering the best for the business and its customers
- Identify the need for any additional skills required in the business for project management and process improvement
- 7+ years' experience in IT Program delivery within the Retail sector
- Experience of delivering projects using methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Experience of managing project budgets over £1m
- Proven leadership abilities including managing a team of 8+ people
- Proven experience in completing the full project life cycle in key areas of retail (Planning, Distribution, Web, Stores)
- Operational technology experience, including running major incidents
- Understanding of Retail business processes
- Experience of a Retail ERP system (Oracle, SAP, Island Pacific)
- Experience of managing third party companies, including formal supplier score-carding/reviews
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal at all levels
- Ability to liaise with the business and technical IT resources
- High level of attention to detail
- Logical and objective approach to project delivery
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Delivery focused
- Ability to work under pressure