This is a Kickstarter Scheme position (candidate must be 16-24 and on, or have applied for, Universal Credit).Job Description/Duties
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company's finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant's day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Post and process entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded in Xero
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
This is a Kickstarter Scheme position (candidate must be 16-24 and on, or have applied for, Universal Credit).
- Excellent organising abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical mindset
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP) is preferred
- The motivation to maintain and improve standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- BSc/Ba in Accounting, Finance or Relevant field is preferred
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required