We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.Bringing Ingenuity to Life.Job Description
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience in shaping, selling and delivering technology-based transformation projects and programmes, and has worked in a major consultancy and/or in major industry players that have successfully carried out technology-based transformations.Technology Domain Skills
Business Domain Skills
- Digital-age Technology Strategy formulation, and ability to understand the implications of technology choices on business choices, and vice-versa
- Digital-age Technology and Data Architectures, including Cloud-based platforms and strategic Cloud-migration, connected devices, digital gateways, hyper-modularity, etc.
- Orchestration of ecosystem players/solutions providing modular components to the end-2-end architecture
- IT Roadmaps formulation and execution, including product/service launches
- Ability to design and lead the development of working connected prototypes and pilots to demonstrate and refine technology solutions and operational approaches (including MVPs)
- Big Data technologies and exploitation
- In-depth technical audits
- Deep experience in "Connected Devices" and in the "Internet of Things" applications, and preferably in other emerging technologies (e.g. VR/AR, Blockchain, AI, Digital Twins, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of digitally-enabled Service-Orientated Architecture and Processes (e.g. service design, order management and service configuration, service fulfilment/activation, customer self-provisioning, service assurance), end-2-end Use Cases formulation and assessment to ensure the suitability of the architectural technology and data choices
- Leading and managing SW development teams across the entire SW development cycle (including Agile SW development)
- Experience in setting up and running cross-functional development tend (e.g. Central Design Authority, Joint Application Development, etc.)
- Micro-services-based architectures, decoupled architectures (e.g. through APIs, enterprise service bus, multi-tier service architectures, etc.
- Ability to manage and coordinate deep technology experts (e.g. cyber-security, embedded SW, connectivity network experts, analytics experts, etc.)
- Complex Programme Management and Stakeholder Management
- Effective communication skills, both bottom-up and top-down
- Ability to appreciate the bidirectional influences and dependencies between business and technology
- Ability to shape and sell complex technology-based transformation programmes
- Ability to lead Consulting Teams
- Ability to develop go-to-market offerings working in collaboration with existing functional and sector teams
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of 'Bringing Ingenuity to Life', supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.