Senior Software Engineer
Who are we looking for?You'll be someone who's...
- Working in a domain aligned cross functional squad made up of developers, testers, product and designers along with colleagues from Customer and Operations.
- Work closely with product to provide input into shaping future work (we call them Bets).
- Be a technical leader within the squad.
- Be influential in setting the technical direction within a squad.
- Mentoring and supporting other members of the team and the wider Engineering organisation.
- Participate in cross team Chapters to develop and improve processes, best practice and technologies.
- Hands-on server software development, test, debug, deployment and support.
- Provide challenge to the methodology and architecture.
How do we work?
- Excited about working in a rapidly growing FinTech that will throw you in at the deep end where your learning curve will be steep
- Experience of full stack development in a fast moving, agile environment.
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions. Desire to learn our business domain
- Experience of writing thorough unit tests with the strong desire to ensure code is robust and reliable. Knowledge of continuous integration
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience of document-based databases, specifically MongoDB
- Experience of Amazon Web Services, including Lambda, SQS and SNS and knowledge of Serverless environments
- Excellent organisation skills and strong team player
- A quick learner able to pick up new skills and technologies easily and enjoys complex issues and is able to describe to both technical and non-technical audience
- Previous experience of wealth management or stockbroking is beneficial
We're a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We work in 6 week delivery timeboxed cycles with the squads working in 1-day sprints. Our stack is Node.js with Typescript deployed on AWS Lambda, Mongo Atlas and React on the front end.
We're based in the historic City of Bath, a stone's throw from the train station. (Literally. You could hit it from our office.) And the vital statistics?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 27 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance