Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.Department Overview
The role is based within the Business & Relationship Management ("BRM") group in London, which leads business development and marketing efforts for Fitch Ratings.
The role is within the Fitch Ratings' EMEA Corporate BRM team, which is responsible for the growth and development of the corporate ratings portfolio. This team is responsible for managing Fitch Ratings' relationships with corporate issuers, investment banks, debt advisory firms and private equity firms. The team has a primary focus on banker relationships based in London and also oversees coverage across Fitch's network of offices in the EMEA region.Responsibilities
Fitch Ratings currently seeks an experienced Business Developer for the EMEA Corporates team to be based in London. As an integral member of the Business & Relationship Management group, this role offers the opportunity to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team in a demanding, ever-changing and growing business environment. This is a new business development and relationship management role, focusing on corporate issuers based in the UK & Ireland.
Reporting to the Head of New Issuer Marketing, this highly motivated and ambitious individual will be jointly responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy for the Corporates business in the UK & Ireland. This will entail building, leveraging and managing relationships with Corporate Issuers and occasional interaction with London-based bankers (primarily Rating Advisors) with the aim of growing existing revenue streams and winning new rating mandates in these countries, as well as supporting and leading business initiatives in the EMEA region.
An important aspect of the role will be to continue to raise the profile of the Fitch brand through consistent marketing to Corporate issuers.Principal Responsibilities Will Include
Other Responsibilities Will Include
- The origination of new rating mandates directly from UK & Ireland corporate issuers as well as supporting new mandates that have originated from bankers, advisors and sponsors. Corporate Issuers to include both Investment Grade as well as Non-Investment Grade companies
- Management of a growing portfolio of existing issuer relationships (in conjunction with the other members of the London-based Issuer Relationship Management team). Business retention and existing relationship management is an important feature of the role.
- Work in conjunction with colleagues in the Banker & Sponsor team and the Investor Development Team, as they also leverage relationships to source new leads and mandates
- Responsible for expanding the Fitch brand within the region. Partnering with the existing London team (including the EMEA 'Visibility Manager'), the ideal candidate will be creative in developing ideas for brand promotion and engagement with the target issuer market, especially with companies designated as 'key targets' for Fitch Ratings
- Management and execution of a small number of special projects including but not limited to new product development, competitor analysis and marketing initiatives, as well as supporting their line manager on bespoke tactical and strategic projects.
- Preparation of pitches and marketing materials to be used in new business generation and business retention.
- The preparation of fee letters and legal documentation associated with new mandates.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for fee negotiations for both existing and new mandates within their portfolio.
- Working closely with the analytical team to prioritise and execute on new mandates and pitching activities.
- Liaising frequently with BRM colleagues in EMEA and New York to help coordinate market interaction.
From the outset the individual will enjoy a significant degree of autonomy and responsibility, with excellent opportunities for self and career development. The role involves occasional travel around the UK and Ireland.
This role requires detailed understanding of Corporate Finance and the debt capital markets (bonds and loans), including experience of the High Yield and Leveraged Finance marketplace, ideally gained from an origination or advisory role at a financial institution or credit rating agency. An understanding of corporate credit analysis would be an advantage. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at a senior level. Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with a successful track record of developing commercial relationships and opportunities.Qualifications And Experience
- This role requires an experienced individual with highly developed and proven successful business development, marketing and sales skills.
- Extensive years of experience in capital markets with significant experience of banking/corporate finance experience or direct interaction in a business development role with corporate CFOs/Treasury staff, and a demonstrated record of achievement in this area
- An established network of corporate CFO and Treasurer contacts would be extremely advantageous, particularly those at FTSE 100 companies
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate confidently and persuasively at senior management level
- Strong marketing, interpersonal and negotiation skills are a pre-requisite.
- Self-starter with the motivation to initiate their own sales & marketing strategies and execution plans.
- Excellent English language skills is essential, a second European language would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently within a strategic framework whilst maintaining high standards and show excellent attention to detail
- Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and experience of financial data systems such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv e preferable. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- University degree, preferably in a business-related discipline . Other professional or business qualification (e.g. MBA, Master's Degree) would be an advantage.