We are hiring for our London office!
3Forge is a trade-tech business based out of New York. This is an incredibly exciting time to take on a role that will directly influence the success of the EMEA region. In 2010, 3Forge set out to break away from the traditional model of an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) vertical asset class specialization.
Instead, 3Forge focused on designing reusable building blocks for increased flexibility, performance and ease-of-use. The net result is the 3forge AMI platform - a data virtualization layer with hundreds of adapters, a complex event processor for high-speed processing of real time data and a web-based dashboard with an easy-to-use drag and drop interface for rapidly building front-end applications. Our award-winning framework is currently globally deployed at Citi and Morgan Stanley.
3Forge's management team combines experience in the development and marketing of complex trading, middle, back office and risk technologies with banking, academic and research talent.
The Quantitative Engineer position will play a crucial role in the development and execution of Asian and European related projects. These client projects will encompass application development and quantitative problem-solving duties and will require extensive proficiency in 3Forge's AMI platform. Given the current Covid-19 situation, all work will be done remotely until we are able to open our Canary Wharf office. Once that is possible, the position will require onsite visits to various prospects in the London area, and potential client meetings at other European installations.
Areas of Responsibility
• Application development and maintenance with 3Forge platform
• Implementation of quantitative solutions to real-world use cases
• Software deployment and tech support
• Quantitative skills: curious about data and technology, natural problem solver
• Basic Unix: writing scripts, vi editor, permissions, etc.
• Basic Windows: installing, editing files, etc.
• Troubleshooting: ability to diagnose log files & interpret a stack trace
• Can-Do mentality: driven and motivated to accomplish tasks and projects
• Personal and professional communications skills: can effectively understand and discuss technical and business requirements
• STEM background: degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
• Financial background: Experience within financial markets is strongly preferred
Preference Given to Candidates with these Skills
• Technical writing ability for documentation
• Strong math/stats skills
• Knowledge of Python
• Finance background, specifically sell-side trading
The following factors are also important: these individuals must have strong client facing and communication skills and the ability and aptitude to work in international settings. The successful candidate will also have good project management skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. While academics are important, technical smarts are essential.
The 3Forge personality profile is bright and motivated with lots of drive and initiative. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate 'future leader' qualities that will facilitate growth and evolution within the business.
Compensation Package: Competitive Salary, Healthcare Allowance, Performance-based Bonus
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include cover letter and resume. No phone calls. All correspondence, including interview selection will be managed via email.