As the first provider of an open core platform that enables Continuous Intelligence at Scale, this client helps organizations transform their business operations by continuously augmenting human decision-making, using the most accurate, relevant data possible from Real Time and contextual data sources. Recognizing that humans are Real Time beings, the founders designed their products with humans in mind - making Continuous Intelligence applications work the way users do.
This business was founded in 2015, and has offices in Campbell, CA, and Cambridge, UK. They are a small early stage Silicon Valley start-up and have a customer list that features multiple Fortune 100 companies.What you'll do:
- Contribute improvements and new features to the open source codebase.
- Write efficient, robust and well-tested code.
- Produce documentation and tutorials for the platform.
- Work proactively; if you see a problem or opportunity, propose a way to fix or exploit it.
- Strong academic background. (Any numeric/scientific discipline will be considered).
- Good skills in Java. This isn't an enterprise Java job and no experience of Spring or any other frameworks is required.
- Experience of socket level network programming (not necessarily in Java).
- Independent thinker who is prepared to propose their own ideas and how things can be improved.
- Know Rust and/or Typescript or are enthusiastic about learning them.
- Have built Real Time and/or stateful streaming applications (for example Flink/Spark Streaming).
- Experience with:
- Non blocking IO and asynchronous runtimes.
- Distributed actor systems (for example Akka or Erlang).
- Specifying grammars and writing parsers.
£40,000 to £60,000 Depending on Experience.
They are working remotely at present and offer flexibility to work from home a couple of days a week.