As an Application Systems Technical Lead you will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of our systems and tools by providing technical expertise and governance.
You will take ownership of new solutions being developed and implemented while being responsible for the overall solution produced. You will work with our internal team and 3rd party suppliers from conception to delivery and play a pivotal role in the delivery of our ITSM roadmap.
The technology stack currently covers the BMC Remedy Suite, SQL server, web services and various scripting languages. We are also moving a number of our on premise solutions to the cloud and require someone to work with us to ensure the right technical decisions are made.
We are looking for someone from a technical ITSM background to work alongside the current Technical Lead acting as a technical mentor and working closely with all members of the team.
This is an exciting time to join the team with a real opportunity to have technical influence and ownership becoming a product expert and lead.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company's hybrid working from home policy.Main Responsibilities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Taking a technical lead and ownership of new solutions being developed within the team.
- Working closely with the Architects and cross domain Technical Leads to ensure designs are in-line with broader holistic Infrastructure architecture.
- Contributing to the technology roadmap and strategy.
- Assisting in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable and performant services utilising agreed technology.
- Providing technical solutions by leveraging your awareness of emerging technologies and understanding their fit.
- Owning technical solutions from POC to implementation.
- Applying active governance around overall design, quality, and technical standards.
- Being an active communicator on technical issues, solutions and developments both within our team and outside.
- Mentoring and coaching members of the team.
- Keeping up to date with vendor roadmaps and emerging technologies.
- In-depth technical understanding of ITSM toolsets specifically within the BMC arena, including BMC Helix.
- Ability to influence and govern at a strategic technical level.
- Experience in designing and developing technical product roadmaps, conducting proof of concept projects and transitioning software and services into technical teams.
- Demonstrable experience delivering SaaS solutions.
- Experience of ITIL framework.
- Experience of solution and service design, technical governance, operational readiness and delivery.
- Understanding of industry and technology best practices and standards.
- Accuracy and a methodical approach to work.
- Strong analytical, technical documentation, interpersonal and communication skills.