About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Analyst/Actuary to join our team.
You will use your extensive knowledge of pricing and reserving to support one of our Mutual Clients. You will be client facing in this role so your excellent communication skills will be key in building the relationship with the Mutual. You will present high quality data which you will be able to clearly communicate the technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
Working collaboratively across the organisation on multiple projects and with multiple stakeholders, you will be part of a high-performing, friendly and supportive Department team, where attention to detail and teamwork deliver winning results.Responsibilities & DutiesThe successful candidate will be responsible for:
What we need from you:
- Responsible for Financial reviews and ensuring Mutual Accounts are accurate
- Personal and commercial lines reserving and pricing.
- Conducting claims analysis to assess profitability of the product.
- To carry out profitability analysis of the mutual.
- Liaising with the Underwriting teams to ensure product terms and conditions are accurate.
- Preparation of MI reports for senior management and directors.
- Opportunity to directly shape the pricing strategy of several new personal lines and commercial lines schemes.
- Monitor and communicate the impact of rating and underwriting changes on business volumes and profitability.
- Part-qualified with the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent.
- Strong reserving background.
- Experience with ResQ and Emblem software is desirable.
- Competent with MS Excel skills and ability to use VBA is desirable.
- Understanding of actuarial models including stochastic.
- Excellent organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, group personal pension, sponsorship towards professional memberships and continuing professional development, health cash plan, lifestyle rewards and discounts.Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sex or sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership. Please see our Privacy Notice on our website www.rmml.com for details on how we process your information.If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today! Send your CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information about the role, please contact our HR Department on (01892) 888312.
Please note that we cannot take on overseas sponsorships at this time, so proof of Right to Work in the UK is essential.
We do receive a high volume of applications, so we may not able to respond to each individual applicant. If you are suitable for the role, it can take 5-10 working days for us to read your CV, please do contact us for any progress on your application.
** No Agencies Please **