Our Engineering Managers are not only exceptional Software Engineers, but they thrive on getting the best from their team!
At Concentra, everyone within our Engineering Team is a Software Engineer at their core, they just happen to specialise in different technologies and disciplines. As a result, when it comes to hiring, we're not constrained by the tech-stack that you've historically used, rather by the way that you approach problems.
What you will be doing
- Managing a group of Engineers
- Providing excellent management support to supercharge the personal development of our people
- Supporting a cross-functional mission team and working closely with engineers and product managers to continually build highly scalable products
- Building, growing, and retaining top talent
- Constantly finding new ways to inspire and challenge the engineering organization
- Managing a diverse team to solve deep technical problems
- Delivering the technical strategy within your area, this will involve you collaborating with the Technical Leads and other managers within your team
- Creating a high-performing team. You'll be responsible for building an effective team that can deliver consistently
- Contributing to the Engineering culture, through the adoption of best practices
What technologies we use
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong experience in managing, leading, and coaching Software Engineering teams
- Proven experience building teams
- Previous hands on technical experience as a software Engineer.
- Experience within a start-up environment or a growth business.
- Ability to proactively anticipate challenges and obstacles.
- Ability to comfortably handle ambiguity.