Lead Engineer - Systems & ControlsLocation
- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke - what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven't looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it - it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!Your Dream Role
- Guide a team of our skilled engineers to design, develop and maintain whole vehicle electronic control architectures and associated software applications.
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring reliable and safe compliance in global markets and adoption of, or compatibility with relevant emerging systems and technologies.
- Lead and undertake the design, development, verification and on-time delivery of control architectures and software for new and existing products and systems throughout product and application lifecycles.
- Ensure software management, development and revision control processes provide traceability and controlled access to vehicle software applications and documentation through effective Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Our customers mean a lot to us. Interface directly with internal and external customers on technical issues and requirements capture, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- We are a fast-paced business with priorities shifting all the time. No two days will be the same and you will get involved in things you wouldn't anywhere else.
- Learn from the best. All of this will give you the right skills and experience to develop your career further.
- Experience in a similar Engineering position from the Automotive industry.
- If you have experience from the bus & coach industry - even better!
- We would also welcome those from mobile plant, rail and rolling stock, aerospace, marine, or other similarly complex manufacturing and engineering companies.
- Have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage projects and guide teams both on site and remotely.
- Knowledge of communication protocols and tools, e.g. CAN, LIN, IP.
- Experience of model-based software development in Simulink/Stateflow.
- Bright, analytical, with a curious mind. Unafraid to challenge the status quo, constantly improving the way we do things.
- Relationship building will come easily to you with the confidence to communicate with a variety of different stakeholders across all levels of seniority.
- Things can be hectic here. You will have the ability to plan and delivery concurrent tasks and projects.
- Generally, someone who fits into our culture - approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- A competitive salary package - we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment. You will have a real input into how we do this.
- You will work with some incredibly intelligent and driven people and get involved with complex projects which you won't find anywhere else.
- We don't employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, and you're interested in coming 'aboard', then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short covering letter detailing why you're interested and why we should hire you!
- Recommend a friend reward is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org