As an Application Systems Developer within the Application Systems team, you will be responsible for the development, configuration and implementation of improvements to our systems across our IT Services department.
You will need to be dynamic, adaptable and able to combine development experience with product knowledge across a multitude of toolsets. The tech stack within the team currently covers the BMC Remedy Suite (DWP, Smart Reporting, Digital Workplace Advanced, Process Designer, Service Broker) SQL Server, Web Services and various scripting languages. Exposure to these technologies would be advantageous though broader experience of developing ITSM or Infrastructure based tooling will demonstrate the experience we require. You will be organised and adept at working to tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
The team is currently working on the delivery of a Self Service portal to the business which includes RPA and automation (through integration with Automation Anywhere), having experience in this area would be valuable.
This is a great opportunity for someone with past IT Services experience who has had exposure to internal tools with a desire to learn systems development, or an experienced developer who has an interest in internal systems and automation.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company's hybrid working from home policy.Main Responsibilities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Taking ownership of tasks or projects from conception through to production ensuring quality standards are achieved and key stakeholders are kept up to date with progress.
- Developing and delivering highly efficient, robust, quality code and improvements to current systems and reporting tools.
- Working on DWP/Service Broker workflow for end user consumption and automation of requests. Ranging from simple ticket logging requests, to full end to end orchestration of highly complex requests and processes.
- Understanding of or willingness to learn Remedy ITSM's underlying database structure, including data model, code customisation and integration interfaces.
- Working alongside internal departments to design, develop, test and release quality deliverables.
- Communicating effectively within the Application Systems team and where required with other users inside and outside of the Company.
- Making recommendations for future improvements or developments.
- Commercial experience within systems or tools development.
- Experience in the creation and development of new business systems, as well as their maintenance and implementation.
- Experience with software development in a low code/no code environment.
- Technical experience with various systems and databases e.g. SQL Server.
- Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Web Services, RestAPI, Java, JSON andTSQL.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management products and applications.
- A good understanding of the technical capabilities of the tools and their integrations/interfaces and what the correct approach is for different scenarios.
- Experience developing and maintaining Automation Anywhere or other RPA toolsets with an understanding of their capabilities, code, integration interfaces and workflow development/customisation.