As a Build and Transition Team Leader you will lead a team who will be supporting and coordinating requests for delivery of IT infrastructure across the business.
You will be a hands-on team leader, managing a team of engineers and working closely with requesters, stakeholders, project managers and all the engineering teams involved in the delivery pipeline for IT infrastructure builds.
You will maintain and deliver an effective and efficient team, along with the relevant request and delivery processes and procedures.
You will ensure that requests are fully understood, correctly processed, prioritised through each team and managed correctly within the system. Ensuring the team is efficiently handling all requests from initial inception through to completion and operational handover to ensure delivery by the required dates.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company's hybrid working from home policy.Main Responsibilities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Facilitating meetings with the build pipeline teams to ensure work is actioned in a timely manner and that task updates are applied with sufficient detail to provide visibility.
- Highlighting and escalating delays or problems as required to prevent date slippage, while ensuring any delays are clearly communicated with the requesters.
- Working directly with our project team to understand work stacks, priorities, upcoming projects and making sure we are delivering the requests as planned.
- Following up on all requests that are held up or delayed and agree review schedules with the requestors and technical owners to facilitate progress.
- Presenting project status to other teams and participating in cross functional meetings and working teams.
- Following and improving internal processes to ensure operational acceptance of the build and asset into live, as well as accurate and consistent completion of tasks and deliveries.
- Building and maintaining relationships with all team leaders and managers involved within the process and ensuring reviews are regularly carried out to monitor the delivery pipeline.
- Leading and participating in continual service improvement projects for internal and customer related systems and platforms.
- Proven experience with all aspects of IT infrastructure delivery and project coordination including software development, product release and service asset lifecycle knowledge.
- Knowledge of physical and virtual equipment and storage platforms within infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the delivery of multiple streams of work; from simple requests to multi-scale environment build outs.
- Strong communication skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion, with the ability to interact with all levels of the organisation in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Demonstrable experience in team management with strong time management and planning skills.
- Thorough understanding of IT delivery management practices and principles, with experience delivering IT projects.
- Experience with project audit and reporting to help ensure compliance to processes and status reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Degree level qualifications in a Technology related subject.