At Proportunity we make home ownership possible!
Buying a home used to be an important step towards a financially stable future. Open to almost everyone. Today, for those without extraordinary earning power (or access to the bank of Mum and Dad), getting on the ladder, in a decent place, is near impossible. Especially in cities like London. If you're lucky enough to be on the ladder, it's not as easy to climb it as it used to be either. The result? Renting has become the new (depressing) normal for under 35 year olds. A generation of young people are locked out of the property market, meaning they're locked out of a future of financial stability too. We don't believe it has to be this way.
Our team works to create a product that home buyers love, providing them with insights and tools that helps them buy a home with confidence. We turn data into quantifiable insights that help home buyers make smart informed decisions, while at the same time providing them with financing solutions to help them own a home they love sooner. We analyse large amounts of data from various sources in multiple formats to understand how the real estate market evolves over time, and take a peek into future growth.
We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, but we should have a plan how to get closer to answering them. We like to learn, adapt and share knowledge with the team.About You
We're looking for an energetic Community Manager to build and engage the Proportunity community across our social media channels, engaging young buyers to help them get their dream homes! We're looking for someone creative and passionate about building social media communities. Our ideal person will have experience in customer-facing roles, with excellent spoken and written communication. You will foster connections within the community, drive brand recognition and word of mouth referrals that will eventually increase engagement and drive growth. If you're passionate about people and have a proactive, can-do attitude, you'll thrive in this role!Responsibilities
- Acting as the first point of contact, responding to enquiries from potential customers across our social media sites
- Maintain a constant presence on social media platforms by responding to messages, actively commenting on posts and ensuring tone of voice is consistent across all platforms
- Identifying high potential customers and working closely with our Customer Success team to ensure we provide them the customer experience needed
- Understanding target customer groups, developing creative strategies to target those groups through social media outreach and executing
- Organising and helping run bi-weekly homebuying events for potential customers and monthly community-specific events
- Measuring success of social media community engagement against set targets/goals (KPIs)
- Passion for, and experience with, social media; 1+ year of work experience in social media role is ideal but not required
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Analytical with experience in reporting on project success and comparing results to targets
- Full time with flexible hours and flexibility to work from home and office
- 5 weeks vacation
- Laptop provided
- Fast-growing, fun start-up culture with frequent team building events
- Autonomy to be creative and independent with ownership of personal project
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options