Company Description At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We Endeavour To Create a Work Environment That Reflects The Culture Of The Company, And We Encourage Every Member Of Our Staff To Embrace Our Commitment To Be▪ Professional
▪ Quality Driven
▪ Goal Orientated
▪ Customer Focused
▪ Continuously Improving
▪ Open & Integrated
Our vision is to be the leading capital programmes professional service provider operating across property, infrastructure and natural resources.
In 2010 Turner & Townsend began a journey to grow the company on a global scale across our three core sectors. Our vision to excel has seen us climb from 2,500 staff in 63 offices across 28 countries, in 2010, to 6,200 in 97 offices across 45 countries in 2019. This didn't happen because we have a great business strategy. It happened because we have a clear vision of what we want to achieve.
Turner & Townsend recognise the fact that our employees are the key to our future growth. We invest heavily in the training, development and regular appraisal of our people: by managing each employee's career aspirations and by promoting from within at every opportunity, we believe we have created a stimulating, challenging and exciting working environment for our staff.
Job DescriptionOverall requirement:To provide an IT technical support role from the Leeds office for the UK and Europe region and to assist members of the global IT team in the delivery of IT services across the business
Responsibilities Will IncludePrincipal Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:▪ Day to day support of the UK and Europe offices IT and Telecoms environment; coupled with the support of ALL IT servers and systems to ensure working effectively across the global business with an extra emphasis on staff working remotely on client sites
▪ Working within a small globally distributed IT team providing all levels of IT help-desk support, which range from user admin tasks such as setting up new users, password resets, through to setting up and installing IT equipment at new office locations across the business
▪ To support and monitor the existing infrastructure and perform preventative maintenance work
▪ To plan manage and implement various projects and upgrades to meet Turner & Townsend's goals
▪ Assist in office moves and changes with respect to the installation and changes to the IT and Voice infrastructures and all associated peripherals
▪ Call logging & management of the IT Service Request Database including regular liaison with IT hardware maintenance providers
▪ Participate in the Change Management processes, which includes management of entire lifecycle - from planning, impact analysis to remedial actions
▪ Monitor daily backups, manage asset database and control software register
▪ Liaise with the Business, build positive working relationships with the business and assist with submissions
Duties will vary and be revised due to the nature of the IT Support environment (the above is a guide and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
Core Technical Experience▪ All round IT support specialist with at least three years' experience of hands-on, remote and telephone support
▪ Experience of Server administration to include Windows Server 16, Remote Desktop Services and Active Directory in a corporate environment
▪ Hands-on experience of LAN, WAN and VPN, troubleshooting and support on several implementations
▪ Experience of support of core IT applications such as email, anti-virus, systems management, user provision and patch management
▪ Proven track record of working in a support environment supporting multiple users across multiple locations
▪ Administering Microsoft Exchange 365 & Outlook
▪ Supporting and troubleshooting Office 365 products (MS Teams, One Drive, SharePoint etc.)
▪ Supporting and troubleshooting Anti-virus (MS Defender) Veritas BackupExec, etc.
▪ Ability to support a wide range of desktop applications (e.g., MS Office 365, Project, Visio, etc.)
▪ Developing image / software through Intune/SCCM
▪ Experience of ITIL based call management system, e.g., FreshService
▪ Basic understanding of managing hardware and software assets and control software register -full training will be given
Core Behavioural Skills▪ Confident individual with the good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language.
▪ Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information.
▪ Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
▪ Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users.
▪ Good organisational skills, used to managing and prioritising own workload.
▪ Ability to report on progress, timescales, outstanding and completed activities.
QualificationsEssential Skills:Excellent knowledge of PC support, User & Server Administration, Active Directory & Azure AD, MS Windows 10 Enterprise, MS Office 365, Microsoft Exchange online.
Additional Information Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/