- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke - what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven't looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it - it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!Your Dream Role
- Put simply, you will drive the NFI Group's Treasury function to its future end state.
- Support the delivery of projects for NFI's international operations through Alexander Dennis including cash management, foreign exchange transactions, cash forecasting, transaction execution and other administrative functions.
- Partner with the Group Treasury Manager to roll out the GTreasury cash management software application for NFI's international operations with Alexander Dennis.
- Champion the use and implementation of GTreasury by understanding the software and training and supporting other users where necessary.
- An excellent opportunity to get involved in both international and North American cash management.
- Support the development of consistent treasury processes and procedures to be utilised across the Group.
- Develop strategies to optimise the cash position for the Alexander Dennis.
- We are a fast-paced business with priorities shifting all the time. Work cross functionally internally and externally to achieve business objectives.
- A team player with an inquisitive personality and interest in learning new things and improving processes.
- The confidence to build strong working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of seniority.
- We don't need you to be a tech whizz, but we do need you to be proficient in Microsoft packages. Even better if you have had some exposure to GTreasury.
- Things can be hectic here so you will have the ability to work unsupervised, often to tight deadlines
- Curious, interested in financial markets and have a real passion for Treasury - you will use this ambition to drive the Treasury function forward.
- Generally, someone who fits into our culture - approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Degree in Accounting or a similar discipline.
- Finalist, candidates approaching completion of professional qualifications, or recently qualified (ACT/ACCA/CIMA).
- 3-5 years corporate treasury experience.
- If this experience is from a similar complex, global, business - even better!
- A competitive salary package - we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- This role offers flexible working, allowing you to work from the office and at home.
- You will work with some incredibly intelligent and driven people and get involved with complex projects you won't find anywhere else.
- We don't employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, and you're interested in coming 'aboard', then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short covering letter detailing why you're interested and why we should hire you!
- Recommend a friend reward is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org