We're The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We're the UK's largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we've been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we've consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes - going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we've never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We've continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak - and we've done it by transforming the way we work.
We're fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We'll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.About The Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented.
We aim to create a new way of doing finance - inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We're excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We're fans of people who love to learn (and fail).About The Role.
The role sits within the Group Consolidation team responsible for the monthly consolidation and group reporting.Key Responsibilities.
- Monthly consolidation and group reporting work, including responsibility for the preparation of the group consolidation with supporting information and balance sheet analysis.
- Monthly group cash flow reporting and working with the Reporting Team to prepare relevant commentary for the group management accounts.
- Responsibility for accounting for the holding company and production of monthly management accounts.
- Provide technical expertise, l involving being able to understand, explain and calculate IFRS conversion adjustments and influence key stakeholders across the business.
- Preparation of the year-end consolidation and 12 sets of trading statutory accounts and 24 dormant accounts.
- Key contact for the year-end audit of the group.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant with +1 year and strong, up-to-date technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Credibility to advise on key business issues and be a key point of contact for accounting and control issues across the group.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to provide accurate and timely solutions to senior management and adapt processes to pre-empt senior management requirements.
- Ability to work with external auditors and advisors understanding their needs and requests and providing clear concise and accurate information
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and identify any issues
- Enthusiastic attitude and a desire to improve and constantly identify better ways of working
- Ability to use own initiative to develop their own way of working and identify ways to improve things
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.