As an Infrastructure Delivery Technical Lead you will provide support to operational teams and delivery functions, playing a central role in developing new and replacing old platforms and systems.
Your main focus will not just be the technology, but the smooth transition of datacentre and infrastructure services.
We are looking for an experienced Delivery Technical Lead with a strong background in platform technologies, including infrastructure delivery and operations. Your experience will help to identify requirements and play a key role in developing and delivering solutions and services to meet the technical challenges created by the continued growth of the business.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company's hybrid working from home policy.Main Responsibilities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Provisioning of Infrastructure platforms and co-location services, ensuring prerequisite documentation meets standards.
- Improving quality and reducing lag in initiating managed works and transitioning through to operational acceptance.
- Participating in service delivery meetings, design review sessions and project kick off sessions ensuring platform standards are not compromised and requirements are captured for SME observation.
- Assisting teams in the requirements definition and preparation of artefacts used in the initiation of managed works to articulate objectives, value and challenges.
- Collaborate across various domains on requirements gathering to derive system and platform specifications to assist in the solution design ensuring up and down stream platform considerations are captured and communicated.
- Preparing of artefacts used in forward planning and communication of annual technology roadmaps and delivery strategy.
- Augmenting the operations function by working between technical design and operational teams early in the planning process to identify and plan operational acceptance work packages to ensure a smooth transition.
- Assisting teams in identifying day to day challenges that hinder their effectiveness across the delivery or operational domains, assisting with problem analysis, performance trends, documenting problem statements and service improvement plans.
- Working with other tech leads on challenges they face and promoting Infrastructure services and standards by developing relationships with other team members and senior stakeholders within the business.
- Ensuring delivery processes, documentation and tools remain effective and relevant in delivering modern enterprise technology and operational services.
- Strong understanding of classic and modern infrastructure technologies and operations.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering infrastructure technologies both new and emerging, upgrades and refreshes in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent planning and organisational techniques, combined with interpersonal and facilitation skills that provide the ability to communicate confidently and effectively.
- Comfortable in providing high quality output, articulating requirements, building proposals and presenting findings.
- Experience of initiating managed works and using delivery processes, techniques and tools to ensure work packages are well managed from initiation through to operational handover.
- Experience with risk and issue management, adding value and having alternative views to problem solving across disparate groups.
- Ability to coach soft skills including presentation, communication, collaboration, problem-solving, ownership and conflict resolution.
- Ability to take ownership, show self-confidence, articulate, be a problem-solver and work to a high standard.