Who are Metapack?
Every day, the world's largest online retailers rely on Metapack to ensure e-commerce deliveries of all sizes are delivered to their customers on time, anywhere in the world. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform and we integrate into over 450 carriers and many of the worlds leading e-commerce software providers. We give our retail clients the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel's progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel - all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it's highly likely that you've interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
We have been growing over 20% year on year consistently over the past 5 years and are continuing with our ambitious growth plans. We are part of the Stamps.com family of companies which supports our growth as well as providing global career opportunities.Our Values;
We are passionate about our values, which form the backbone of the Metapack Operating System which brings together our Vision, Mission, and our Goals. TRUST is at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to attract amazing people who are T
elfless, and T
enacious.Why would I want to be an Junior Software Engineer at Metapack?
We work at scale, pace and with the latest architecture patterns and tech. We have a flat and open engineering culture where data & evidence beats opinion and hierarchy, backed by honest and frank discussions. We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the Metapack culture - and we love working with like-minded people.What would I be doing?
Who are you?
- Designing, developing and supporting great Products in a DevOps environment
- Delivering API enabled components and microservices in AWS to the highest engineering standards
- Employing the latest agile techniques to build fast, scalable, highly available and secure systems
- End to end feature development on the Java technology platform
- Set-up monitoring alerts for applications and environments
- Using technology to solve business problems with creativity & innovation
- Data driven decision making
- Continuously improving the code base and removing technical debt
- Championing automation of everything
- Delivering value to our business, our customer and ecommerce
It would be great if you also could bring
- Your language of choice is Java and you have a passion for writing clean code
- Some experience or exposure in designing and delivering low latency and high throughput API fronted systems applying DDD principles
- Degree educated in Computer Science or another related technical degree
- A software engineer with experience delivering software systems employing Agile, Lean or DevOps principles
- Writing automated tests (Unit, Integration...), pairing, improving code quality and Continuous Integration is in your DNA
- Employ monitoring, alerting and self-healing during design and development
- You believe that not employing Continuous Delivery is an opportunity lost to learn and deliver value to our customers
- You are passionate about the principle of complete team ownership, which covers the entire lifespan of the product and its constituent parts like code, infrastructure, out of hours support
- Using a different programming language or technology is an opportunity that you will not let you pass by
- Exploit the opportunities presented by data but also understand the pitfalls of inappropriate data management
- Able to balance the demands of delivering high quality and demanding timescales
- Hold yourself accountable to delivering on your commitments
- Your every action demonstrates that collaboration is the best way to deliver awesome products
What are the perks?
- A desire to innovate and constantly challenge the norm
- Willing to attend conferences, webinars and meet-ups and share the learning
- Experience of using automation to solve complex problems e.g. Machine Learning
- Knowledge of the AWS products and tools
- Experience of developing build pipelines and infrastructure automation in the cloud using Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc
- 25 days holiday (increasing based on length of service once you have been with us for 2 years), 10% bonus (paid quarterly), pension, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, group life insurance scheme, private medical healthcare
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, interest free season ticket loan
- Breakfast, dinner, fresh fruit, snacks and drinks
- Hardware budget to let you get what you need
- Dynamic, open culture with lots of social activities.