Mid-Senior Java Developer
competitive salary plus company benefits
Norwich or London (Remote working is also an option)
Williams Lea and TSO seek a Mid-Senior Java Developer to join our team!
We are looking for a Mid-Senior Java Developer to join our team working with our prestigious clients in the public sector. You would be working with products/applications which have been at the heart of British public life for 350 years, providing official intelligence on all UK businesses, corporate and personal insolvencies, and more.
Are you self-motivated with a "can do" attitude? Are you hungry to take on a new challenge and grow your skills, while sharing that knowledge and growing the team around you?
Do you have 5+ years of experience in java development, and can design great software to satisfy challenging requirements?
How would you like to work for a global business process outsourcing (BPO) organisation with a client base of blue chip FTSE100 and Fortune 500 companies within the Public Sector, Financial Services and Legal sectors?
Sound good so far? Then this is the perfect position for you and you are just the individual that we are looking for!
Purpose of role
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our dynamic team and help us develop services for our public sector clients. The individual will be confident utilising their strong programming and communication skills to design, develop, and test software as well as help progress less experienced developers in their career. They will be able to use their considerable skills to develop solutions for difficult business challenges across numerous sectors, including but not limited to highly regulated industries such as investment banking, accountancy, legal firms and retailers.
The individual will have a robust understanding of Java, Spring, and design patterns. They will be able to consider complex requirements and drill-down into the best solution for the client's needs. They will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions while guiding less-senior developers in the best approach. Pull requests, branching, and automated testing will be second nature to the successful candidate who will be driven to implement best practice and make the software, and the development process, the best it can be.
Essential skills to succeed in the role include:
· In-depth knowledge of Java 8+
· Excellent knowledge of the Spring framework
· Comfortable working in a Scrum / Agile team
· Good understanding of Docker
· Good understanding of test frameworks, Junit, cucumber, etc.
· Experience working in AWS / Jenkins
· Understanding of linked data (RDF / Turtle)
· Experience working with NoSQL databases / document stores (MarkLogic, mongo, etc)
· XML & XSLT
· Relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
· Microservice design experience
· Knowledge of GDS and government service manual is a plus
· Mentor junior members of the team
· Challenge and interrogate requirements to find the best solution for the client
· Write good quality functional code to meet a specification, primarily for public sector application.
· Work cross-functionally as part of a scrum team to meet a goal, actively looking to help other team members even in a different skill set.
· Work with a technical architect to refine designs, demonstrating a high degree of knowledge of design patterns and best practices.
Qualifications and Experience
· BSc or MSc in Computer Science
· 5+ years' experience in java web development
· Proven and demonstrable experience of writing great code
In return the Mid-Senior Java Developer will receive a competitive salary and benefits which includes Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance/Life Assurance, Company Pension, Corporate Eye Care, Personal Accident and Company Sick Pay. Additional benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Gym Membership, Charity Donations, Employee Offers, Retail Vouchers and Season Ticket Loan are offered at a discount on a salary sacrifice basis. You will also have the opportunity to work for a global employer who is dedicated to offering each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career with future career development prospects.
Williams Lea positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: Due to the high volume of responses received for this role we will not be able to contact all applicants directly. If you have not heard from us in four weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.